Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2000, 06:23 PM   #11
G.W.

Yoshimo is truly be a good fighter. Right now I have him up to level 9 (needs 2 more levels to get his thief skills back). He has a decent number of hitpoints, and a very high armor class. He can offer as much as Mazzy does when it comes to archery, and you now get another fighter to develop for any weapon you want to use that no one else starts out with any skill in (halberds, long swords, or flails). Here's the party I think I will eventually assemble:

Keldorn
Minsc
Yoshimo
Me (level 9 Kensai, then dual-ed to mage)
Aerie
Ceric (the druid shapeshifter if I can ever find him)

Instead I have to keep Amoen in the party while Jan is there for thief skills. That works out to four warriors, one thief (who will need thieving potions to open some locks), one and half clerics, and one and half mages. That's probably as much power as you can pack into one party.

Old 12-12-2000, 12:29 AM   #12
Armisael

Not really. Jaheira is far superior to Cernd, since a pure druid can still only get to level fourteen in this game. Edwin is ten times the mage Aerie is, and I'd also drop Keldorn for Viconia. That would be a powerful party.

Old 12-12-2000, 12:39 AM   #13
G.W.

I think the reason to keep Aerie in the game is to have some form of priest and the reason for Ceric is the fact he can fight and cast better than Jaheria (who has only a 13 wisdom), even though he won't absorb the same damage. Plus, Jaheria is not all that interesting. I'm curious how good the greater werewolf form is and I wanted to do through the druid grove challenge.

Maybe going:

Keldorn
The Dwarf (whose name escapes me)
Yoshimo
Viconia
Edwin
and player character would be ideal (though you miss out on the insect and elemental spells). I chose to axe and katana proficiency for the player character though and don't see the beserker as being so useful.

Old 12-12-2000, 12:46 AM   #14
Armisael

I forgot Jaheira's low wisdom. Course, you don't need a druid.
As for me, my character is in the middle of Jaheira's romance dialogue, and we've also been hunted by Harpers ever since Jaheira scarpered on them to stay with the group. Personally (next to Jan, of course, whom none can hope to rival) I found Jaheira to be the most interesting NPC in the game - she has more sidequests than you can shake a stick at.