Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-30-2003, 04:59 AM   #1
mattbret35732002
Welcomed New User

Hi, i used to play wizards and warriors a lot, i just got a new computer, i installed the game several times but have the same problem, in the first town it wont let me leave through the side closest to the crypt, and it wont let me go into town hall or the magic shop. When i move the mouse to them the are thgere , but it doesnt let me in, i can go into the armory and everywhere else, help please!
mattbret35732002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:44 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Haven't you got Windows 2000? If you have then check the 'Tech Tips' sticky thread. Windows 2000 is incompatible with W&W and you have to do several things before you will be able to play it. But you WILL be able to play it.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:49 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by mattbret35732002:
Hi, i used to play wizards and warriors a lot, i just got a new computer, i installed the game several times but have the same problem, in the first town it wont let me leave through the side closest to the crypt, and it wont let me go into town hall or the magic shop. When i move the mouse to them the are thgere , but it doesnt let me in, i can go into the armory and everywhere else, help please!
By new computer I'm guessing store bought, and it came with WinXP. Then as Radek informed, you will have to travel the tech threads on WinXP.
I tried the virtual-dud thing with mine, but still had issues. Maybe there are more things that must be done, but I understand a lot of folks have gotten it to work.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:24 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, mattbret35732002!!!

Yep - sounds like a Win2K or WinXP problem. Solutions are to be found in the Techie Tips thread. Hope you will find them helpful and soon be playing again!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Hello and welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I hope you have found the answers to your problems in the tech tips. I am sure our local techies, Bungleau and WillowIX will soon be visiting the board again. (They are probably on Summer holiday). There is a good chance they will know what to do.