Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-08-2003, 06:11 AM   #1
sorab
Dungeon Master

Chapter 3 its too small or it's my idea?i only did 2 shadow thieves quests(bodhi lair,protect the shipment)and...straight to chapter 4?
Old 05-08-2003, 06:19 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

You should have gotten a third, inbetween those two... remember Jaylos and Cahen ??
Also, in Chapter 3 you can do all of the same quests you can in Chapter 2... so, in theory, it is bigger than Chapter 2, because you have the same quests, minus collect the fee, plus three from your employer. Meaning you get two extra quests. So, no, it isn't too small.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:27 AM   #3
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

If you are employed by Shadow Thieves, then they give you the certain hm.. item that helps you complete some quests you may be unable to do in ch2. So ch3 may be even larger than 2. My solo sorcs always give the money to Gaelan ASAP to get this gadget for it has some specific powers I lack [img]smile.gif[/img] Since ch3 for me is much larger than ch2 [img]smile.gif[/img]

ADD]Ah!! At last! New avatar - AVATAR [img]smile.gif[/img] I am glad. Perhaps this life is not so bad ...

[ 05-08-2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 05-08-2003, 06:32 AM   #4
sorab
Dungeon Master

gaelan certain gadget?what gadget?
what quests i couldnt do in chapter 2?
i m all mixed up!
Old 05-08-2003, 06:39 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by sorab:
gaelan certain gadget?what gadget?
what quests i couldnt do in chapter 2?
i m all mixed up!
SPOILER
Aran Linvail (the guy who gives you the quests) gives you the Amulette of Power - which grants Permanant Vocalise, Immunity to Level Drain, Faster SpellCasting, and a bit of Magic Resistance. Without that Immunity to Level drain, you may find it hard (as a soloist) to do anything that involves killing Vampires.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:43 AM   #6
sorab
Dungeon Master

I think i nave killed every undead crowling on this earth (including kargaax...well but no bodhi)....what about this gadget thing?
Old 05-08-2003, 07:03 AM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

The gadget is very precious for me as a spellcaster. Even single -1 to casting time is relevant when you are in a middle of combat. And with both the Amulet and THE ROBE MMMs are cast instanteously [img]smile.gif[/img] That is very good to cast&attack tacktic.

Level-draining could be a pain in the rear if you are soloing a non-cleric class. Got ambushed by vampires once, was level-drained quickly so most of my arsenal vanished. Had to use Invis and flee the area as a coward. After that I always get the Amulet ASAP.

It is useless if you already have killed every single vampire in the game (I doubt), or if your main vampire-killing force is fighting type. Fighters cant use the Amulet.

ADD]As for ch2-3 quests... There are numerous side quests avail in ch2-3 (and 6 [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Those include: De'Arnise Keep, Tradesmeet trouble, Windspear Hills worm and many others. Thats what we were speaking about.

[ 05-08-2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 05-08-2003, 07:11 AM   #8
sorab
Dungeon Master

i was playing chapter 2 for about 3 weeks till i got throught all of the quests assigned..i will look out for more of them.The trademeet quest was assinged to me 2 times even if i already had completed it the first time!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:48 AM   #9
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
The gadget is very precious for me as a spellcaster. Even single -1 to casting time is relevant when you are in a middle of combat. And with both the Amulet and THE ROBE MMMs are cast instanteously [img]smile.gif[/img] That is very good to cast&attack tacktic.

Level-draining could be a pain in the rear if you are soloing a non-cleric class. Got ambushed by vampires once, was level-drained quickly so most of my arsenal vanished. Had to use Invis and flee the area as a coward. After that I always get the Amulet ASAP.

It is useless if you already have killed every single vampire in the game (I doubt), or if your main vampire-killing force is fighting type. Fighters cant use the Amulet.

ADD]As for ch2-3 quests... There are numerous side quests avail in ch2-3 (and 6 [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Those include: De'Arnise Keep, Tradesmeet trouble, Windspear Hills worm and many others. Thats what we were speaking about.
that amulet NEVER gets useless!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 07:49 AM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Cool..more money and reputation points then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote