Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #51
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Pausing and taking a half step back, Isokla paled. In fact, her already pale face drained entirely of blood, What did you call me?” She asked in a half whisper, freezing in place. As Ydalon continued, she nodded absently, only half listening. “Yes, well, quite.” She agreed without really concentrating, “Is... is that a baggage train over there? On the road... I spy wagons... and smoke.”

The word
“highness” lingered within her mind and her blue, blue eyes were distant, even as she pointed out the wagon train a few hundred yards yonder.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #52
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"What did I call you?" Ydalon asked as though he hadn't heard.

"Let me tell you what I called you, oh lady mine."
He smiled wickedly, then began to skip down the road and back to circle around her.

I once saw me a princess mine, hey-ho where did she go?
She had two ears that were just fine, hey-ho if you say so!
Wore robes and gowns and finery, I asked her once to dine with me,
A princess that I know!

With a snigger, he ran ahead, only to return for the second verse of his song.

She had these eyes that were just fine, hey-ho if you say so!
Stood in the kitchen day and night, diced her herbs by the firelight,
A princess that I know!

She loved to drink a glass of wine, hey-ho if you say so!
When she got tipsy and got drunk, her mouth got fouler than a skunk's,
A princess that I know!

He stopped singing abruptly, perhaps to leave others a chance to try a verse or two of their own, or maybe to refine his own. Either way, he made sure to stay out of Isokla's reach.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #53
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

“YDALON!” A rather irate Isokla yelled, losing her cool, “You brat! You insufferable child!” It was lucky she did not have anything (much) on hand to throw at him, for she surely would have - had there been anything appropriate. “I'll give you 'skunk'!”
“Once there was a boy, a boy who was a tool; a tool and a fool; his name is Ydalon!
Ydalon
“Ydalon!
“Boy! Toy! Tool! Fool!
“Ydalon! Ydalon!
“By the Master, you've ball,
“Your damn haul, your word haul, will amount to naught!
“For now your name is fraught;
“Ydalon,
“Ydalon!
“You'll suffer, little boy, you shall suffer!
“Veg and green, all night, all day; that's all you'll have to eat!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #54
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

A yelp -

I once saw me a princess fine, hey-ho where did she go?
She had a heart as big as mine, hey-ho if you say so!
A pacifist from head to toe, she would never hurt me no,
A princess that I know!

A kindness she would never decline, hey-ho if you say so!
Sharing meat and fish with glee, she was never mean to me,
A princess that I know!

She was a beauty and so fine, hey-ho if you say so!
As I've told everyone before, she's the one we all adore,
A princess that I know!

Ydalon looked over cautiously, trying to judge if she liked that song better perhaps.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #55
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Speaking those dreaded, dangerous words, Isokla hissed, “That's it! It's over!”

Then she launched into a rant that involved 'children', Ydalon being with the milkman on numerous occasions, having a 'fling' with the baker, the butcher, and the man down the street at the end of the road; always being 'irresponsible', forever leaving the 'privy up'(whatever that meant), and being an immature child who didn't understand the faintest thing about women, and how she jolly well out to slap some sense into him. When she'd finally run out of steam, she glared at him, and demanded 'chocolate', folded her arms beneath her breasts and glared. Then she glared at everyone else, daring them to say a word, and the look she gave Jason dared him to comment - and she would end him.

Then she stalked off, towards the wagon, a black cloud of fury above her head. Our temperamental Iskola muttered to herself all the way, singing quietly under her breath about 'Brave Sir Ydalon...'
Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #56
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Telryn was silent.

He watched the exchange of words between the boy who spoke beyond his years, and the mother hen of the group, and that was all. It was not because of the risk of extra 'chores' which caused him to cease speaking, but her explosive and often unpredictable nature, he never knew what to expect from her.

As Isokla started to walk off in the direction of the wagon, he finally broke his silence.

"I think she has the right idea," He muttered, barely audible, before heading off after her, "The quicker we get moving, the quicker we'll get to Veridan, aye?"
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #57
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

If anyone was actually watching Isokla walk off, they would have caught the secret, tight-lipped smirk painted across her mouth, her blue eyes twinkling wickedly.

~~~

The Wagon

The wagon train consisted of five wagons, all drawn by oxen; there were several (at a rough count, perhaps fifteen) swarmed over it. How could one tell they were bandits? Well, for starters, they were in the Lords of Vision 'scout' uniform, and for second, the wagon crew was dead - freshly slaughtered, and the bandits had their drawn swords bloodied. Still, it was possible they were defending the crew, but there were no other bodies lying around...

The wagons had split some of their cargo; bottles. Alcohol. There were a few kegs that had been split open, but the bandits seemed to be guzzling the odd bottle or so. They were waving their swords as they stood up on the wagons and the wagon seats. There were a couple of wagoneers still alive, begging for their lives, but as Isokla and Telryn drew close, they saw them being put to the sword. It seemed the bandits tired of their fun. The crew seemed to have numbered about twelve, all in all.

About half of the bandits had bows, but they were not notched. They did not seem to have noticed the party - yet.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #58
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

jason quickly killed the smirk that was starting to form at the look the lady gave him, but lowered his head in submission. If he was to be made to travel with these people the least he could do was cause them no trouble. He was hoping they would at least begin to speak to him sooner ar later, ask him about himself, so he could perhaps make them not hate him so much. Why in the world would the man, Ydalon, taunt that woman so? He hoped that their bickering would dissist. He couldnt see it happening though.

"Old man?" he said quietly, yet loudly enough to be heard. "Will you converse with me as we travel?"
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 AM   #59
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: <<------ look at how masculine and sexy I now am

Nivram

The smell reached Nivram before he caught sight of the wagons ahead. The sweet smell of strong red wine. It immediately awoke the alcoholic in Nivram and, not fully in control of himself, he started walking towards the wagons. He moved in plain sight, in the middle of the road, making no attempt to hide his approach from the bandits. He walked past Isokla and Telryn, not even seeming to notice them, his mind already imagining how royally drunk he could get on all that booze that he could now see.

Last edited by dplax; 04-16-2008 at 03:24 AM.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #60
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

You stud, Dplax.
---

Isokla watched as Nivram walked past in a zombie-esque fashion, blinked and increased her pace, eyeing the archers and neatly tripped him from behind. Slapping him upside the back of the head, she hissed, "You fool, there are bandits there."

As if to back up her words, a volley of arrows was unleashed - but the bandits too, were royally drunk - and all five of them missed. But the bandits were aware of the group now, thanks to Nivram, and they jeered and waved their swords and bows, belched and generally looked up for a brawl.