Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #31
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Jason gaped at the lady's reply. He rose and smiled a tight sort of smile.

I will take my leave then. I will return to the town and help where i may. I may or may not find you again. But i hope we meet again, under different circumstances. If i may?

Jason was going to wait for an answer, but it wasnt needed. He would find them again, even if he had to employ an old friend or two. Or some hunting tricks tought to him by a man who claimed to run with wolves.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:55 AM   #32
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"You? Leave?" Nivram laughed. "I seem to remember that there is still the small matter of you needing to face justice or something like that. Or had you hoped that we'd forgotten?"
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #33
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

Ydalon nodded.
"There's that. Don't take this all wrong, like, but you're pretty much with the scum what killed one of our companions."

The boy shrugged
"Might be not everyone liked him much, but it's the honour of the thing no? Doubt me you'd have stopped at one death, besides.
"Here, I spared y'a slit throat so far - um, for real at least. But if you're running off now what kind of choice've we got?
"Me, I'm all young and innocent, you don't want to force me into deathdealing, right?"

Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #34
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

“You're not going anywhere. You still have to answer for your crimes.” The woman drew herself up to her full height, staring Jason down after the others had finished their speech,You seem to believe you have a choice; you do not. You were a prisoner before all this - and still are.” Glancing at Ydalon, “There is no need to spill his blood; he is unarmed. You should not taint your hands by lowering yourself to the likes of him.”

She looked at Nivram coldly,
“Do you not agree?”

...And hopefully once the banter was done and dusted, the group would move along...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #35
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

The 'discussion' (if one could call it that) interested Telryn, staying out of it until he could no longer resist.

"Well..." He started, staring at the group of travellers he had ended up with, "If we are all agreed that he should come with, shall we get moving? Not much justice can be done stood here, let's move somewhere...anywhere."

Hopefully this would be the nudge the group needed, to Telryn it felt as if they had been stood in this spot for an eternity.

Last edited by Ivelliis; 03-30-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #36
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

Those members of the group who are paying attention will see a cloaked figure slowly leaving the recently destroyed city. His form is at first distorted by the smoke and haze, but soon becomes clearer. It is an elderly man, or so one would assume from the gray hair and beard, carrying a gnarled staff he appears to use as a walking stick. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry and makes no attempt to disguise his approach towards the party. He will shortly come within hailing distance of the group.
OOC: I'll let this sit for a short bit, in case anyone wants to do something before a stranger enters their immediate area. Oh, and is this color agreeable to everyone? I tried to find something easily read that wouldn't be confused with other players.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #37
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"One would think that ridding society of scum would be something you get rewarded for," Nivram said to no one in particular, though his reply could be perceived as being aimed at Isokla, for the reply fitted what she had said. Then again with Nivram one could never be sure.

His next thoughts he did not voice, for saying that some form of justice could be done even on an abandoned road could easily be perceived as yet another way of Nivram showing his desire of ending things between him and Jason, something he had made pretty clear before.

"If you were an old man, heavily leaning on a stick, would you appreciate the company of young travelers like us on these roads?"

Isokla looked up and sighed, "I have no objection."

"Let's wait a bit more then Telryn, and not rush things. I'm sure that Jason here isn't in a hurry to be seperated from his head."

Besides, the old man might have some valuable insight to offer. Listening
attentively to what grey-haired men had to say had been something Nivram learned to do early.

OOC: Isokla's reply kindly provided by our beloved DM.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #38
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason shot a glare toward Nivram. He started to say something very, very impolite and then stopped. He would not be baited by this drunk. Not when he had come this far. Maybe he could do something to help his case.

I wasn't always a bad guy you know. He mumbled as he dropped himself to the ground.

He shook his head and rubbed his temples. Confounded herbal concoctions. Why did his head feel like a barrel of ale that was going to explode? He was sure that the bandit leader thought he was going to get himself killed before he got away, but that wasnt the case now was it?

It's not my fault. And at that moment, a tear slid down his face.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #39
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion

OOC: Got a little time today, so here's a go.

"Ho there, young travelers! What brings a group such as yourselves outside of this burning mad city?" He gestrues toward the ruins of Talryr.
"Which way might you be traveling, if indeed you are traveling at all? Depending on your direction, perhaps you wouldn't mind the company of an old man? I'm afraid the roads are not safe for one such as myself, anymore."
He indicates his use of the staff for walking and obvious lack of weapons.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #40
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Seeing a look of assent from at least two of the party’s members (Isokla and Nivram), the old man seems satisfied that his query to join has been met positively.
Noticing the lack of movement, in general, he finally realizes that the focus appears to be on a remorseful young man on the ground, shedding a single tear.
Addressing Jason, “Come now, young man, this is no time to dawdle and mourn. While I understand your pain if you lost someone dear to you in that forsaken city, I’m afraid you are best to mourn them away from here. Mob justice has taken hold within the confines of the city, and could easily spill out upon those who linger to close to its borders.”
“Let us leave this place, posthaste, lest we attract the attention of some of the more unsavory residents!!”

With that, he simply begins to limp down the road, not necessarily waiting for the others to join him.

OOC: I think it’s fair to say he’s walking in the general direction the party wants to go. I would normally wait to see what the consensus is in which way to go, but I think we need to just get things moving a bit, first. I don’t think it will be detrimental to go ahead and say we are traveling and figure out where we are enroute to on the trip. Ah, the joys of being able to retcon!