Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #141
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Jason's face turned a little red at Ydalon's poke at his taste, and he couldnt help but laugh. Cooties? Dolls looking more lifelike? If there was a doll in all the world that was as lifelike as a woman then....well he didnt know what. But the youngling was right about staying in any case.

I suppose you're right.

He turned back towards the lass. Perhaps another day?

And with a bow and a wink he began to usher the merry little group on down the road a little ways so they could talk without being disturbed.

The bandit should be near the tavern where he branched off earlier, that one looks like a drunk. Smells like one too. Should someone go get him? Or at least see if he's there?
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #142
Tumbling Teru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Old guy? Bandits? What was this? Vasili didn't know, but nonetheless she didn't seem to mind the extra coin left in her hand. If the overzealous males wanted to be all generous with their money, why not? Their loss. Throwing Camilla a smirk, Vasili flipped the crown down the maid's bodice before looking back to the tall man. "I don't drink."

Vasili and Camilla turned away to continue their preying upon random strangers, but really, that child was turning out to be a bit annoying. Men. "Another day perhaps. When I am drunk. And as I don't drink, don't wait long on it, yes dear?" Pursing her lips, Vasili raised a brow at Camilla and shrugged, and the two made their way into the tavern to see what other mischief they could get up to.
Tumbling Teru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #143
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Default Not quite as things appear...

Tod watched as the newcomers(OOC: Vasili & Camilla) came in. With a sigh, and knowing that he wasn't likely to be fetched any time soon, he settled back into his drink. It was a fine ale, he decided, at least for what was on offer. He sniffed his breath; it stank of ale, and yet, oddly, he did not feel intoxicated. Laughing inwardly, it may have been due to the fact that the ale had not only been watered down, but a good deal of it ended up on the floor. Fooling the fool had been easy, it seemed. How many others would think he was more drunk than he truly was?

The newcomers caught his eye again. "Hail," he called, feeling an urge to speak for no particular reason, aside from the fact that his melancholy thoughts were irritating him, "What brings you two to these dreary parts." He glanced around and received several glares, "present-establishment notwithstanding.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #144
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

The lady's words to Jason caused a smirk to appear on Telryn's face. He'd seen put downs before, but that was just cold.

"I suppose if anything were to happen to our bandit friend, wherever he may be, then the same would occur to our dear Isokla, aye?" Telryn thought out loud, "Now, this 'town' ain't the biggest, unless he's snuck off without us knowing, there ain't many places he could be hiding."

Pausing for a second, Telryn looked his companions in the face - "And as much as I don't like striking deals with bandits, and as much as Isokla can really cause a misery, we best find him before we depart."
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #145
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason knew Telryn's words to be true, though this Iskola woman had not seemed very nice, and so he nodded.

Where should we look first? Should we maybe ask a gaurd if he has anyone matching the bandits description? Or go to around asking random folk? I would like to suggest however, that we do not split up again. I dont overly enjoy the thought of you two leaving me here, especially after our lovely time together.

Wheels were turning in Jason's head, battle wheels. How to get the girl back without killing absolutley everyone. They didnt really need Tod. Or did they? certain things didnt really seem to click into place at the moment. Observation was the key to this whole thing, and if Jason didnt keep his eyes open, he might fall in a hole.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #146
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Heart The Misadventures continue!

A fine layer of dust coated the discarded helmet lying in the tall grass a couple dozen feet off the road. Rust and rain had already eaten holes into the weak metal, but the greatest damage had come from the blow that had most likely killed the wearer of the helmet. A strike from a club or a morningstar had made a large dent. No dead body was around and from the look of the helmet it had been lying there unforgotten for quite a few years. But it's rest was to be disturbed...

A hand reached down, gently grasping a rust-free spot and lifted the battle-worn item out of its resting place.

"Do you think this would go well with this wig?" Nivram asked, suddenly turning towards Asikol and showing him the helmet.

Asokil considered for a moment, then sat up straight in his saddle and gestured grandly (somehow he was back on his horse),
“That way, my good fellow! Ontowards the next town! In search of a plume!” Catching the helm, he juggled it absently, - quite the feat for one so seemingly drunk - “It shall suit your pink lace and cotton dress.” He proclaimed, as if it would be done. He ignored the comment about its last owner.
“A quest has been named, and by all that is alcohol, a quest we shall answer! Forwards!”

And then he nudged his steed forwards a few steps.

As Asikol moved past Nivram all he saw was a flash of steel as Nivram's knife descended.

The horse's tail was cut just about an inch from the base, terrorising the poor beast.

As the horse tried bolting, Nivram triumphantly held the tail hair up. "Nice plume, eh?"

Asokil gave Nivram a disgusted look, “You defiled my horse. For that - you shall pay! And pay dearly, you shall!” Without another word, he set his heels to the horse's flanks and charged off into the night.

Nivram withdrew the half-finished bottle of potato liquor he had somehow saved from his pack and sat down next to the helmet, which Asikol had dropped while galloping away.

"So, John...you do allow me to call you John, do you? Cheers," he said, taking a swig from the bottle and swallowing the disgusting liquid. "What's your story?"

"Me? Bah...I'm not interesting. Just a drunkard with more problems than I'd ever want. I'd bet that foolish girl...Isi...Isu...whatever her name was als needs my help. Why do I bother...I'll end up being drunk and talking to inanimate objects anyway."

He stood up and delivered a kick to the helmet...or at least tried to, but completely missed and lost his balance.

Unfortunately...or maybe fortunately the bottle shattered when hitting the helmet. The brownish liquid added another layer of history to the piece of metal.

A couple of hours later, Asokil returned. He was wearing a particularly wicked expression and strapped to his steed were two small casks, each holding several litres at least. Attached to both of them was a flexible tube - straws leading straight to his mouth. Stopping outside of Nivram's range, he was far more mobile than the drunkard, and proceeded to watch the other.
“The finest,” Asokil said coldly, “in this entire forsaken region.”

And Nivram wasn't having a single drop.

Nivram, despite seemingly awake, was actually deep asleep, having exhausted himself during pointless arguments with "John". He made no reply.

Asokil pulled a pebble from his pocket (who knew why he kept them there?) or possibly a copper, and hurled it at Nivram's head. It struck him squarely.

Nivram scratched at the point of impact and then made a waving motion, as if to shoo away a fly.

Asokil hurled another and also struck him square in the forehead. Asokil seemed to have remarkably

Nivram grumbled and turned in his sleep. "Sod off..." he mumbled.

“Get up, drunkard,” Asokil called, “You've slept enough. We're off to find the fair maiden, or I'm off. Your call.”

"We're going to a whorehouse?" Nivram asked, slowly sitting up, hoping that the nausea would go away.

“Yes, use your two coppers to buy yourself a whore. Or did you forget the reason why we journey together?” Asokil rolled his eyes in disgust.

"Reason...there is always a bloody reason." Nivram stood up. "Seen my horse? I seem to have misplaced it..."

“You lost it.” The other man's face said it all. “Now come on.”

"A horse ain't like a lucky coin...it doesn't just get lost. It has to be somewhere around here..."

“You never had a horse.” Asokil touched his steed's flanks, “I'm off to find Isokla. You can stay here or come. I've wasted enough time.”

"All right...lead the way, my eager fellow."

Asokil paused, suddenly aware that he did not know which way to go. “...That way!” He pointed back the way they came. Maybe if they took a right at the stream, and dawn approached sometime since it seemed to be night. It was night, wasn't it?

"Let's go then. Moderate your horse, I'm on foot." Curse this headache...bad alcohol...bad headache...

And so, the intrepid duo journeyed on. And on. And took a right at the stream, left across the bridge, and kept on going and going and...

...and walked straight into town, sometime around when the party was thinking of setting off. Jason, Telryn and Ydalon were standing nearby.

Asokil was still mounted on his steed, but the two casks had long since been drained and forsaken. On another, incidental note, Nivram and Asokil passed a pillar of smoke across the steam which wasn't from the first town...

---
(and for those who forget; Asokil/Asikol’s appearance is first noted here – or for those who do not care to look at the link:
Once clean-shaven, it was clear he had discarded it for several days. A horsetail emerged from the back of his head, flowing down in a single plait. The rest of his hair was bound up, or cut off. Across his back was slung a long spear, and at his side, a slightly curved longsword. The cut of his clothes was belied by his cloak; the latter seemed common enough, but the former was silk, and held a simple, yet elegant design. Funnily enough, his piercing eyes were a brilliant 'opal' blue, his skin almost as pale as the fairest maiden, and his hair was black. His horse however, was a sleek, silver creature and for some reason, everyone avoided it. )

Written with Dplax.

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 04-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #147
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"Bedder start looking."
The boy blew his nose, leaving another stain on his worn shirt.
"Last seen him in the Fox'n'are. The fact is, that bandit-"
He paused.

"Returns the bride perched high on the saddle of Envy, two whose clash spells ruin for all," he murmured, glancing back at the gallows. Louder, he called out to the new arrivals.
"Thought I seen enough ugly women for one day. Are there so few real ones you got to dress up as one of uh-
"Uh.."
*Achoo*

*sniffle*
"One o'them?"

A startled horse cried out. Ydalon wiped at his eyes.
"And what's that smoke going up there?"
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #148
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: an old character returns. Won't reveal more just yet.

-------------------------

Smoke was no longer rising down in the valley. The fires had long been put out and some minor baron's militia had restored order. The bloody way. Between the night-time curfew, random interrogations and unexplained disappearances the town was no longer a pleasant place. The passage of a group of so-called adventurers, which had seemingly started the whole chain of events which had led to all this was now but a fading memory.

Not for one old man though. Beaten senseless, tortured several times, he had come through the whole experience unchanged...still as completely insane as he had been before. His escape had been a matter of sheer luck...a guard choosing to take advantage of unprotected women when a wandering mood had taken our unwilling and unknowing hero over.

A small group, only a handful of men and women, most of them too old or too young to be of any use in a fight had gathered around him, regarding him as a prophet who could bring them through these tough times. When they did not understand what he said they put it down to communing with the gods, a language they could never hope to comprehend. As to what the frail old man himself thought...no one could know. Not even himself.

It was about two weeks after the big riots that on a foggy morning he simply disappeared. Taking the ragtag band's only horse he trotted on into the distance, in a direction not even he had anticipated. Leaving travel to his four-legged companion, and nourishment to whatever edible...or only slightly poisonous plants he could find he travelled on and on, into a world of untold riches and- and pain, death, illness, evil magicks weaving horrendous spells on the land, dragons, demons, devils...and adventurers...the worst breed of monsters ever to grace this land. Luckily, all he met were birds, an occasional fox and maybe a boar or two. Nice, juicy boars.

But all this was inconsequential. All just images from the imagination of a raving lunatic...or were they?

OOC: This post was not written with CD. Apparently I am still able to write posts on my own.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #149
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason looked at where Ydalon was speaking, and took a reflexive step backward and his hand edged toward his sword. The last time he had seen this particular drunk, it was a far less pleasant encounter than he had cared for.

Your not going to let him try and hang me again are you? He asked Telryn in a low voice.
i know i may deserve a fate fitting my crimes, but not at his hands. Besides, every man should have a try at redemption should he not?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #150
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

"Not a great look for you," Telryn yelled to Nivram before letting out a hearty chuckle.

Catching eye of Jason's hand lingering towards his blade, Telryn took a step forward to stand in between the two men. Turning his head to Jason, he murmered "Would we be in my city I would look at things differently, but in my presence you've done no wrong yet. Can't ask for more, you're safe."

"I see most of the old gang is back together. It seems we've been on the road forever,
(over three years truth be told ) Let's find that bandit and get moving to somewhere a bit...bigger. These hamlets and villages leave a lot to be desired."
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote