Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #41
Legolas
Jack Burton

The running through doors isn't something any server can prevent, it's a known glitch [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 11:29 PM   #42
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Two things happened to me in level 11. First, when I cast a Negative Energy Ray at a guy, the spell kept pumping into him until I cast another spell! It did not do any more damage to him, it is just that they light show stayed there as though it were stuck.

Next, I noticed that sometimes in the dark layers of sand that there are specks that flash in there, as though the animation were unstable or something. Does anyone else see that? There are small patches in the dark sands that look like trails I guess that wink in and out, sometimes.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:54 PM   #43
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Z, uh, we got doored again on lvl 11, but that's not what this is about. The door teleported most of the cast of lvl 3 to lvl 2 with us!! Lol, first time i ever saw that.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #44
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Hey Z, uh, we got doored again on lvl 11, but that's not what this is about. The door teleported most of the cast of lvl 3 to lvl 2 with us!! Lol, first time i ever saw that.
All the NPC's???? Really?!? lol odd as hell! lol, well, once I connect the rest of the caves, those things won't happen I guess.

Where were the NPC's from 3 on level 2? where the bone golem was?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-07-2003, 08:33 AM   #45
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I saw those misplaced npcs from level 3 as well. Sam Malone was standing right outside the passage from level 2 to level 3 and Norm was standing off to one side of the altar further back in that main chamber.

Had another problem last night as well. When I got to level three, my IP crashed and had to re-enter. When I did, parts of the passageways to the portals to levels 10 and 11 were simply GONE. For some reason the actual tiles were simply missing in at least 2 areas. I exited the server, re-entered and everything was fine. Wierd though.

The re-tooled desert warriors are still a challenge but not quite so tough. I see that you reduced the unlimited ammo so it only does +1 instead of +3 damage. Those darn instant death spells are a REAL pain. They seem to blow right thru my monk's 30 spell resistance with NO problem! lol No biggie though - a quick respawn and everything is fine.

Can't wait to see what is going to be in the temple when you get it finished.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #46
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I think I know what is happening... They are going after the bone golem maybe? I don't know, that is weird.. I'll make them immobile if I have too. Let me know if you see this a lot or again.

Old 11-09-2003, 01:48 AM   #47
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

1. Sword in treasure chest of Gold Dragon. In Spanish? Did you build this, Ziroc?
2. Placeables in underground temple on 11. Do you have the items you want as "static" and "not"? For example, the pull chain insertables. They glow blue when I pass over them, but cannot do anything with them.
3. Doors in corridors are placed in "open" position. I think it be better to be in "closed" position, because as doors, the door icon is already showing up, so I was confused when I got there to the door, as I did not even see a door there until I activated it to make it close. It might as well be closed, so I am forced to open it.

4. Also, I was informed that a cheater named Sir-Lamear of NneverWood Nulebin, login as xoexy, had a sword that was doing something like 1500 damage to stuff. He took out big red before anyone else could do anything. He went away just as soon as I showed up to say something to him.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:36 AM   #48
Legolas
Jack Burton

Since the tavern is being redone script-wise,I imagine this would be a good time to fix the well. At the moment anyone can get in, contract or no. Getting out is even less trouble, which means the 1gp on entry, 1 gp on exit thing isn't working in-game.
Correcting it so the transition only works for those with the contract in their possession shouldn't be too hard, and if needs be you can make it dialogue-based (clicking on the well) instead of trigger-based for greater simplicity.
Removing the gold can be an OnEnter script which only does not remove coin when entering the inn through login, the door to Waterdeep, the basement or rooms above. You could add a floating text above the player so he'll know where the goldpiece went.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:26 AM   #49
roddybug
Manshoon

I've finally got round to posting about a minor quibble that I've had for a while!

There is no way to avoid killing the party of drow on level two that are hunting for Uleth'de Ulen. You can't squeeze past them or bypass them, unless you take the portal to level 3. If it's deliberate, fine, but not all all my characters like messing in drow politics/chaos enforcement. It's not often a problem as usually someone else has already splatted them! Perhaps a new passage or bridge could be added?

I guess that you already know that I love the module as I play it so much, but it bears repeating - "I love the module, Ziroc!" Keep up the good work!

I'm slightly worried that any newcomers to EfU will go:- *sniff* "How derivative of XP2...". I suppose you could go full PvP and summon up the hit squad!

Thanks

Rod
Old 12-08-2003, 08:10 AM   #50
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by roddybug:
I've finally got round to posting about a minor quibble that I've had for a while!

There is no way to avoid killing the party of drow on level two that are hunting for Uleth'de Ulen. You can't squeeze past them or bypass them, unless you take the portal to level 3. If it's deliberate, fine, but not all all my characters like messing in drow politics/chaos enforcement. It's not often a problem as usually someone else has already splatted them! Perhaps a new passage or bridge could be added?

I guess that you already know that I love the module as I play it so much, but it bears repeating - "I love the module, Ziroc!" Keep up the good work!

I'm slightly worried that any newcomers to EfU will go:- *sniff* "How derivative of XP2...". I suppose you could go full PvP and summon up the hit squad!

Thanks

Rod
Hey ya Rod! Glad to see you post, and glad you enjoy the Mod!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yeah, that dang Drow encounter is a mess up on my part. I am addressing that quest, and even adding to it with Loki by the lvl2 exit to lvl3. He is having problems with the same group. [img]smile.gif[/img] I will be moving them as well as giving them a 'patrol route' so they won't be blocking any small walkways.

BTW, I have yet to playtest every level of the Mod saved in the HotU savefile, let me know if you see any broken scripts or things that don't happen or don't work--or NPC's that are broke. (When I upgraded to SoU, it messed up some DOOR transitions even!) I'll be jumping in tonight to playtest and add the new fixes and maybe even get that Drow encounter #1 fixed--it always annoys me as well

Again, great to see ya! Stick around!! IW forum is a great place, and very friendly (no trolls and flamewar types).. We also have a General Conversation forum as well!! anything ya want to talk about, it doesn't have to be about CRPG's either!!

See ya online!

Closed Thread