Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 08:51 AM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

How is this accomplished without using the multiple stronghold mod?

I was told it is possible with shadowkeeper.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:21 AM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

it's not, unless you change your class everytime you are about to finish your initial quest.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

As part of the Tactics Mod there is an optional 'PC can have all strongholds' setting. This is the simplest way to open up all of the strongholds.

There is also a way for a fighter dualed to a mage to get both the D'Arnise Keep and the Planar Sphere as the stronghold, simply by changing classes.

Have fun
Old 07-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #4
Kay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Isn't there a way if you're a multi-class character too, without the mod? I seem to remember that if you are a fighter/thief, you can get both if you go to the keep first. Does anyone remember?
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Well if your a thief/fighter and have the thief stronghold, don't give the payment to your superior, and you'll be in the market for another stronghold
Old 07-11-2004, 01:33 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Let's say you have a fighter/mage/cleric and you want the Keep, the Sphere, and the Temple. Let's also say that you went about the quests in the above order. Once Nalia gave you the Keep, you would go into ShadowKeeper and check the global variables. Go to "PLAYERHASSTRONGHOLD" and either change it to 0 or delete it. You would do this every time you got a new stronghold. To get *all* of them without the mod, you would change the PC's class before you would initiate the dialogue that would give you the stronghold (eg, a mage would become a fighter inside the Keep, after it's cleared, and before you go outside for Nalia to reward you).

I hope that makes sense.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #7
Feral
Elminster

... getting the mod might be easier.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:23 PM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

A Fighter/Foo can get both strongholds without changing PLAYERHASSTRONGHOLD . You simply have to talk to Nalia in the right way.
Also, the other way to do it with a Fither/Mage/Cleric, without fiddling round in Shadowkeeper (it's global variables list is quite annoying to look through), is to use the CLUA Console.
Dace, that is part of Ease-of-Use, not Tactics.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #9
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you are a fighter that duals to another class or a multi-class fighter/whatever character - you CAN get the strongholds associated with each class - so long as you do the De'Arnise Keep firstp.

Once you clear the Keep and go back outside, Nalia will initiate the dialogue that offers your the keep. One option is to simply tell her you need some time to consider the offer. During this period of time, simply complete the quest for the other keep, then return to Nalia and say "OK, I've thought it over and I've decided to accept your offer."

I don't know of any other stronghold that offers you the chance to delay your acceptance - so that is why you have to do De'Arnise first.

It's still much easier to just install Ease-of-Use Mod.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:02 AM   #10
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

The WEIDU: Ease Of Use - Multi Stronghold Componant mod is great. It's working glitch-free in my experience, and I'm opening a chain of hotels across Amn.