Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default F'n Police

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7639987

Why is it that the bullies and HUT HUT HUT idiots always get to be cops?
Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: F'n Police

Having read the articles (including the sheriff's defense of the action), all I can do is agree.

I sat on a jury where a woman was charged with obstruction (or something similar). I listened to the police testimony of what took place. Basically, there was an issue near a church and a woman wanted to get closer to see what was going on (her kid was involved, IIRC). Officer said stay away, she said she was going... he's got more backup.

I was struck by two things:

1. Every officer told almost exactly the same story. It's almost as if they rehearsed it...

2. The entire situation could have been defused completely by an officer behaving with a lick of common sense and common courtesy. It didn't happen.

I would have a lot of fun ripping apart this cop's story.

"He was suicidal."

"Really? What about a man sitting on a couch looks suicidal to you?"

"Well, he said he'd kill himself if he had a gun."

"Really? Did he have one? Access to one? Was he searching for one? Going for yours?"

"Uhhh.... we tased him 'cause he was going to charge us."

"Three times? Itchy trigger finger, son? Or is that Parkinson's kicking in, making you go all fluttery over the trigger?" *

(side note: I am somewhat familiar with Parkinson's, and it's not funny. But if it can get a muttonhead like this out of the area, so much the better)

Reminds me of the story of the guy explaining his actions after an accident.

Quote:
Farmer Brown decided his injuries from the accident were serious enough to take the trucking company (responsible for the accident) to court. In court, the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning Farmer Brown.

"Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine'?" asked the lawyer.

Farmer Brown responded, "Well I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule Bessie into the..."

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine'!"

Farmer Brown said, "Well I had just gotten Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road..."

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."

By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Farmer Brown's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule Bessie."

Brown thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side."

He continued, "I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting real bad and didn't want to move. However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans."

"Shortly after the accident a highway patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand and looked at me."

Finally, farmer Brown came to the end of the story. "The patrolman looked at me and said, 'Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her. How are YOU feeling'?"
Save me from those trying to help me...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

So why were the cops there in the first place?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

If I had tripped and banged my shin badly enough for the paramedics to come, and was recovering from the pain and embarrassment on my couch, and police officers bust in, you bet I'd say, "God, shoot me in the head."

Also:
Quote:
"There's got to be a problem in terms of training and on supervising deputy sheriffs in the county; it's hard to imagine something so shocking could happen," McFarland's attorney John Scott said.
The comedian lawyer. Love it.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #5
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
The entire situation could have been defused completely by an officer behaving with a lick of common sense and common courtesy. It didn't happen.
If there is one thing I've learned throughout my life, it's that common sense is one of the rarest things of all *sigh*.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRider View Post
So why were the cops there in the first place?
If someone dialed 911 it's standard procedure for a fire truck, ambulance and police to show up. At least it is here in south Florida.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
If someone dialed 911 it's standard procedure for a fire truck, ambulance and police to show up. At least it is here in south Florida.
Even if the person is just calling for medical help? That seems a little odd to me. Before my dad passed away, we had to call an ambulance to the house a number of times for emergency transport to the hospital, but we never had the police show up with them.

Even if it is SOP, the paramedics had treated the man and determined he was alright. What cause did the officers have to suddenly decide "You're going to the hospital right now whether you like it or not". ?

The most damning part of the video is when the man is on the ground after being tased and the officer keeps yelling "Stop Resisting! Stop Resisting! Stop Resisting!" and shoots another jolt into him each time. HOW THE F*** IS HE RESISTING????" His body is twitching because Deputy DumbAss keeps shooting electricity through him.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Really? When my mom had a stroke in '02, we were living in Lakeland (a.k.a. CHOC-town!) and just had an ambulance respond. Do south FL EMTs really feel that threatened down there?

EDIT: "stoke" ?? Without the "r" it looks like I've had one...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!

Last edited by VulcanRider; 09-02-2010 at 07:19 PM.
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRider View Post
Really? When my mom had a stroke in '02, we were living in Lakeland (a.k.a. CHOC-town!) and just had an ambulance respond. Do south FL EMTs really feel that threatened down there?

EDIT: "stoke" ?? Without the "r" it looks like I've had one...
can't take too many chances this close to Miami I guess. (that's a joke. not a very good one though)

and yeah as far as I know it's standard practice. I know an ambulance and fire truck show up at my church any time there's a medical emergency. My suspicion being that law enforcement doesn't show up because we have 2-3 on duty officers present every weekend for traffic control.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 09-02-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Oh the humanity.

Edit: Constable Shit-For-Brains is due for his annual reminder of what a taser feels like.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Last edited by Sever; 09-07-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote