Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Idea -- For the IW Radio show -- Can I take Skype calls live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Wow. You're being mean... I believe you KNOW how my health has been going down hill, and its NOT easy living with chronic pain.. I think I've done a hell of a lot in the last 5 years. I redesigned the logos, upgraded the forums, added tons of games, worked tons on EFU and other things.. You act like I've just sat on my ass or something, and I resent that..

IW will never die. It WILL be reinvented. And as for the Radio, it will not be listed as IW Radio, it'll be on the main streaming sites where people go for what they like. I will also have a link here, but it won't be 100% IW callers. Before when I did the radio show thing, it was just for fun.. nothing really big... but It would be really cool to do!!
Mean? No. Brutally honest? Yes.

I understand your health problems and chronic pain. I've lived with a chronic illness and chronic pain myself. I've also undergone multiple major surgeries (7 to date), spent weeks in the hospital and months at home recovering. So I think I DO know what it is like to live with major health problems.

I've also gone through a divorce and only get to see my kids half as often as I would like...a pain you have fortunately NOT had to experience.

During this same time, I was fired unfairly from one job and ended up in the hospital for 6 weeks (4 in ICU) immediately afterwards. It took 3 months for me to fully recover after coming home. The longest recovery period I've ever had. But as SOON as I recovered, I immediately began taking steps to change careers in my 40's. I became a certified Substitute Teacher and worked two part-time jobs while taking classes online to become fully licensed as a regular teacher. This time last year, I was working 3 part-time jobs to make ends meet. The stress finally took it's toll on my body and I ended up in the hospital AGAIN for two weeks and spent 4 months on antibiotics clearing up the resulting infection. Right after that, I went on a trip to D.C. with my middle son and came home with a huge blood clot in my leg (from the 24 hours of riding there and back). That forced me to miss another two weeks of work and I am on medication for a year for that.

So, while I understand your have health issues as well, I'll be happy to match health problems with you any time you wish.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Animated Star Re: Idea -- For the IW Radio show -- Can I take Skype calls live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post
Mean? No. Brutally honest? Yes.

I understand your health problems and chronic pain. I've lived with a chronic illness and chronic pain myself. I've also undergone multiple major surgeries (7 to date), spent weeks in the hospital and months at home recovering. So I think I DO know what it is like to live with major health problems.

I've also gone through a divorce and only get to see my kids half as often as I would like...a pain you have fortunately NOT had to experience.

During this same time, I was fired unfairly from one job and ended up in the hospital for 6 weeks (4 in ICU) immediately afterwards. It took 3 months for me to fully recover after coming home. The longest recovery period I've ever had. But as SOON as I recovered, I immediately began taking steps to change careers in my 40's. I became a certified Substitute Teacher and worked two part-time jobs while taking classes online to become fully licensed as a regular teacher. This time last year, I was working 3 part-time jobs to make ends meet. The stress finally took it's toll on my body and I ended up in the hospital AGAIN for two weeks and spent 4 months on antibiotics clearing up the resulting infection. Right after that, I went on a trip to D.C. with my middle son and came home with a huge blood clot in my leg (from the 24 hours of riding there and back). That forced me to miss another two weeks of work and I am on medication for a year for that.

So, while I understand your have health issues as well, I'll be happy to match health problems with you any time you wish.

No, my point was that I haven't been as active as I once was with updating IWs due to the health issues.. hell, for 25 weeks last year, I wore a full right hand/arm cast and couldnt even draw... it was SO boring... depressing.. I know you have issues as well, and I'm not trying to 'one up' you. . Just describing what I'm going through right now..

BTW, all that 25 weeks in a cast? Still the fracture isn't healed.. So I am waiting on deciding to get surgury (bone graph) but I am waiting..deciding.. because they told me it may not work, and two, it may make it worst, and more painful... so I'm getting a second opinion, and have an appointment soon to see what I should do. It's can be at times mind numbingly painful, but the meds help it a bit.. but at least I can do SOMETHING without a bloody cast on, thats doing nothing.

So far, I have a bunch of pages nearly complete for tgeweb, and working on the rest of the logos here, and the Diablo 3 forum/webarea. I just felt useless.. wish I was left handed at the time.. Donna IS! lol

Anyway, it will work out hopefully... it has to, because if I cannot draw.. well, its my life. I love doing it, and the websites.

It'll get done, just not like I used to work 17 hours straight to get one area done.. My body says 'uh, no... I don't think so pal'

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote