Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Chewbacca
Zartan

Default Re: Florida Vacation...Need Advice

Atlanta has an awesome Medieval Times theme restaurant and +1 to the aquarium. Stone Mountain is always fun too. The Coke and CNN tours are alright. Good luck with the traffic!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The aquarium was the highlight of the trip, and not just for the aquarium itself but mostly for the Dolphin Tales show. I swear I would have paid the same ticket price just to have been admitted to only that. Nothing else on the trip was more fun. I'd never seen a live dolphin show and they made it into a story for the kids that was cute. We had great seats, too.
The zoo had the first live black mamba that I've ever seen. The Giraffe feeding was a no-go because it was new and the giraffes were not accustomed to all the attention and so shyed away from the people. The zoo is giving them time to get used to the crowds coming up the ramp before they let loose with the feeding bags.
Stone Mountain was a good trip. They have these buses that go into the water and become boats called "ducks", termed by the military when they were invented. However, that is where the term "sitting duck" comes from becuase they only move about 5mph on the water and slow on the road, so they were deemed a failure I guess. But the conductor let kids take turns driving it in the water which was cool.
My 8 yr old was allowed to hit the buttons on the lift that took us down from the Stone Mountain and she was excited about that. That was a freaking huge rock, and the carving was cool to see. We watched the glass maker make a vase. We went to Yogi Bear's 4-D movie that lasted about 30 minutes and got sprayed with water and stuff.
We ate at a resturaunt called "The Real Chow Baby" which provided a buffet-style asian cuisine. You pick your own ingredients out of a huge assortment and the chef cooks up whatever you bring him...so you had better know what goes good together! I had an amazing chicken, red cabbage, leeks, and bok choy over white rice and flavored with ginger/basil/lime sauce.
Our Hotel wanted to charge us for parking ($15 per night) but we protested, stating that there was no indication before-hand we'd have to pay parking and so got it waived. It was not in the best neighborhood as just a block or two away there was an area of homeless people camped out. There were beggars everywhere and I could not understand why Georgia or Atlanta allows their city to look that way. NC does not allow their cities to be so messed up. My general feeling about Atlanta is that it is made up of homeless people, crippled people, or crippled homeless people. Everyone else is just visiting.
We did many more things like visit Atlanta Cacao, but I guess I told you guys the best parts already.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
Chewbacca
Zartan

Nice trip report.