Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Calling all NC Patriot Guard Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
So wait, by their logic, if America disallowed homosexuality, their soldiers would become immortal? Because they claim this soldiers death is a punishment from God. Weird thing is, other nations outlaw homosexuality and yet their people still die from bullets just the same...

These guys also panned a protest at the funeral of the little girl who was shot in the Arizona shootings.
Their only logic is to choose the most inflammatory message possible for whichever event they are attending. If you read the article, it explains that they show up with a signs bearing several different messages, then go through their stack to pick the signs they feel will create the most animosity.

Once again, their message really has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with trying to create litigation.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Down Re: Calling all NC Patriot Guard Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post
Their only logic is to choose the most inflammatory message possible for whichever event they are attending. If you read the article, it explains that they show up with a signs bearing several different messages, then go through their stack to pick the signs they feel will create the most animosity.

Once again, their message really has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with trying to create litigation.
Where in the article does it say they choose a different sign to troll the event? Or do you mean in the comments below somewhere? I thought these were the "God hates gays" people. Usually they stick with that theme.

I know of these guys from the news and such. Their insanity is so glaring that is is funny in a way. They are fanatics. I would love to show up and protest *their* protests, but unfortunately the venues they choose are usually funerals, so one-upping them at these locations would simply add to the disruption that they forced on innocent people who are just trying to bury their dead. Horrible really. I'd maybe follow them home, find their houses and protest outside, with pictures of them protesting at the funerals of kids as my evidence.

Last edited by SpiritWarrior; 01-30-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: forgot sommat
SpiritWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
Kezardin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Where in the article does it say they choose a different sign to troll the event? Or do you mean in the comments below somewhere? I thought these were the "God hates gays" people. Usually they stick with that theme.
Part of the main article :

"He will look at a person in the crowd that he thinks is gay, walk over to his stack of signs, pull out the appropriate, well designed, easily read, laminated bright board, and hold it up and loudly proclaim that "gays are going to hell" or some such nonsense, and make eye contact, but he will never cross the line of telling that person that they're going to hell."

At military funerals they hold up signs such :

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...p.grid-6x2.jpg

There are a few videos on Youtube where the crew get Rick Roll'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT7xQJrqUQ8
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Down Re: Calling all NC Patriot Guard Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezardin View Post

"He will look at a person in the crowd that he thinks is gay, walk over to his stack of signs, pull out the appropriate, well designed, easily read, laminated bright board, and hold it up and loudly proclaim that "gays are going to hell" or some such nonsense, and make eye contact, but he will never cross the line of telling that person that they're going to hell."

I see. Cerek was talking about the article he linked later - was looking in the original one.

God those people are nuts. The leader sounds like a riot (in the bad sense) - I would love to screw with them. Part of the issue is people allowing them get a rise, although showing up at funerals when people are at their most vulnerable, is low. I'd bring my own signs in response. One with an arrow the reads "I'm with the nutbags" and, point it in their general direction or somethin.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezardin View Post

Oh NOSE, not Rick Rolled! LMAO!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I heart RickRollin'. I would hire a flash mob to confuse them alongside the music.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done with these idiots. And I mean no offense to idiots in general when I say that.

They are careful to walk in the narrow definition of first amendment rights and have been doing this for a long time. The "Church" is largely composed of Dirtbag's offspring, except for those who've realized it's insane. He's excommunicated them... the lucky ones, IMHO.

At least a few of Dirtbag's offspring are lawyers, and they're really talented at filing lawsuits for any perceived affronts. And since they dance in that narrow area, they know it well... often better than those on the other side.

I would *love* for the IRS to determine that they're really not a church, but I'll bet they dance in that definition too.

I fully understand that some day, someone is going to get really pissed and cross the line. Sad as it is to say, I hope that should it happen, there are no injuries involved... take that for what you will.

The purpose of the PGR is:

Quote:
Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.
Sadly, Dirtbag and his crew are trolls. And the best way to take care of trolls, as all long-term residents of the internet should know, is to starve them.

I dream of the day when these morons decide to throw a protest and no one cares...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It surprises me when, in the videos, I see the young, 20-something girls supporting the cause too. I mean, a doddering old fool, set in his ways and long past his expiry date, I can understand. But to see some of the younger generation so inducted into this, and fighting for the cause like they actually believe it's true....weirds me out. Many of these kids I suspect are looking for a cause to feel part of. Unfortunately, they are eagerly welcomed into the fold.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You might be leaping to a conclusion. Most of Dirtbag's flock (of around 70-75 people) are his family... his kids, whom he's indoctrinated since 1955 (when he started his... organization), and their kids.

It's not like his brand of vitriol appeals to many people, disillusioned or otherwise. This is what they've been raised in. It's all they know. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't lie to me, would they?

Those of his children who have dared to think on their own have been excommunicated and disowned. There is no dissent... only silence...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Maybe. I mean, I hope so. Still, 70-75 people is one big family, and to get them all on board with his twisted cause....i'm surprised he's not just dismissed as the "crazy uncle". He seems to have some major pull. It's one thing to get adults on board, but those little kids...the toddlers bearing signs they cannot even read, nevermind understand or even agree with, wtf?