Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Will you agree to this?

Update

So I meet up with this guy again, unavoidable cause one of my family members is really interested in the business. The guy appologize to me and claimed he didn't really get the meaning of what I tried to say the other day. I said it's okay and just forget about it.

So I guess it's all end up okay and no bridge are burnt.

Anyway, the books are actually advertisement pamphlets (I use the word books to mask what i'm trying to convey) by companies all around the world. The reason it's expensive is that each pamphlets contain several free vacation vouchers (room only ).

Now if you ask me why the heck someone would buy such a thing. Beats me as well, apparently one needs to go into one of the training/coaching sessions to get acquainted with such things.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
Kezardin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post

Now if you ask me why the heck someone would buy such a thing. Beats me as well, apparently one needs to go into one of the training/coaching sessions to get acquainted with such things.
Dude, if you're still so keen on this scheme after perusing this website then I can but wish you luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
pamphlets contain several free vacation vouchers (room only )
Call me a cynic, but paying $500 for these 'books' means the vacation vouchers are *not* free

Last edited by Kezardin; 01-26-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I agree that it's a scam. Only participate if you have $5000 to throw away. And I mean throw away. It won't be seen again.

The truth is in the details. For example, one of the claims that was made when my mother was considering getting involved in a legit MLM operation (and yes, they exist... Amway is one) was that the mean monthly income was $50.

What does that mean? Well, it means that just about half of the participants earn more than $50 per month.

And it also means that just about half of the participants earn less than $50 per month.

Gee... join our program, and you've got a 50/50 shot of earning $50 per month. And it will only cost you...

I feel bad for your family member who's getting involved with this. I suggest they google for the organization that's involved and analyze where the hits are coming from. If there's nothing, that tells you one thing. If the hits are all marketing promo shills, that tells you another thing.

If there are multiple stories, good and bad, that relate actual news and information... well, that's something else entirely, isn't it?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:45 AM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Don't worry, I didn't join.

I'm not good at selling stuff anyway as I lack a certain people skills. Which is why I rather work in management rather than in sales. I probably can't even sell my body for free to a drunken sailor.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote