Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 10:46 PM   #11
AndyG
Elminster

I was looking through the toolset earlier today, at the magical weapons available. I was pretty disappointed. Plain weapons never go about +3 (of those I looked at) and even the named magic weapons were fairly weak on the pure enchantment side. They had nice extras of course.

Has anyone found the Blessing of the Daystar long sword? That looks like the best long sword for good characters. It has an evil counterpart.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:37 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:

Has anyone found the Blessing of the Daystar long sword? That looks like the best long sword for good characters. It has an evil counterpart.
I found three blessing of the daystars in my ranger game. Very nice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2002, 02:23 PM   #13
Hesperex

my ranger is wielding 2 Blessing of the Day Stars ...you can find it as random treasure past level 14.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:59 PM   #14
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

hehehe all this crap about weapons.... i havent found a single great one, so i kept my stupid +3 axe for chapter 4 the only big thing ive noticed is that i now have cloak of protection +5 and amulet of natural armour +5 not quite got the ring of resistance plus 5 that would be good, and the only other good ring i cant use because im only level 15 i need 3 more levels for the ring of regeneration its really annoying i hope it isnt this bad for bows....i wanna add a quick ranger question in here,are bows any good with basic arrows? or do i need the magic arrows the later i get on?
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #15
AndyG
Elminster

Magic arrows to far more damage. I can often shoot for 12-15 hps of damage with acid arrows. The other way to up your arrow damage is to take a few levels of rogue for sneak attacks. There are a number of enemies immune to sneak attacks, so you'll want magic arrows against them.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 10:24 PM   #16
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Enemies that are immune to normal weapons are immune to normal arrows, too, unless you do a sneak attack or critical hit.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:41 AM   #17
DraconisRex

Yeah, the problem is this campaign is terribly monty haul. Part, because you can't do a lot of things like in PnP so you need to over-kill from a dev standpoint. Part, because you got to pander to the masses - so many want +500 weapons of mass destruction.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:25 AM   #18
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:
Magic arrows to far more damage. I can often shoot for 12-15 hps of damage with acid arrows. The other way to up your arrow damage is to take a few levels of rogue for sneak attacks. There are a number of enemies immune to sneak attacks, so you'll want magic arrows against them.
Since you brought up arrows, what feat or skill or whatever, can you take to get regular damage with them? I ask because I saw someone with arrows online (maybe hacked character, don't know) that was doing on average of 34 hps damage per arrow. Every so often he would do in the low hundreds too. With the damage he was doing, he could take out a Dragon with just a couple of shots. Supposedly, this was on a server that enforces legal characters too. Odd thing is that someone came in as a Fire Giant. How can you modify your character to look like a Fire Giant, without being classified as illegal? Has someone figured out the Hex bytes/code that classifies a person illegal or not? Anyways, if that arrow deal is legal, I want in on that. LOL