Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-16-2000, 12:44 AM   #1
Drukus

Well, here is another useless poll:
Where and what is everyboys fav Wizards and Warriors web site?

My personal fav would have to be The Wizards and Warriors Story Archive

Its got everything.... including my picture! woo hoo!

Nothing else has my picture..... hence THIS is the best!

Any Chalenges?

Toad Village is for Toads!
Old 12-16-2000, 12:52 AM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

An interesting thread, Drukus!
I must admit to being rather partial to this site, but this one isn't bad either. There's a lot of information at this one, but I like the design on this one as well. Hmm, so many choices! (hehehe)
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 02:09 PM   #3
Silverwolf
Welcomed New User

Well.. The Wizards and Warriors Story Archive does have some helpful stuff on it. But it seems to have more about the authors than it does about W&W.

Is there something I'm missing?
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 02:28 PM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

That is true, Silverwolf, it is first and foremost a fictional archive site. Its role is starting to expand to including a hints and tips section, and the mock interview with D.W. Bradley.
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 02:46 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Good things grow slowly!

One of the nice things about The W&W Story Archive is that you and any poster here can help make it better and more useful as a source for hints.
I like it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 04:54 PM   #6
GodMode

http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/
Old 12-16-2000, 04:59 PM   #7
GodMode

http://www.fallout.ru/wizwar/ - RULEZ !
Old 12-16-2000, 08:23 PM   #8
xenotoca

http://www.fallout.ru/wizwar/ - RULEZ

yes this is the best I hope all you wubu wubu fans are russian over to look at it
Old 12-16-2000, 09:18 PM   #9
Frankenstein

Greetings Fellow Travellers,

Being that I'm fairly new to this list, but not to W&W, I will comment here. I will rate them on three categories, fun, informative and a special one that applies only to each site. All ratings are on a scale of 1 to 10.

And the candidates are (drum roll please):

1. http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/

I remember my friends telling me that this gentlemen pilfered hints from the numerous W&W boards, giving no credit to the people that actually discovered them. A very complete site, with great info on the older Wizardy series and my fav, Wiz 7. For the Wizards and Warriors section, I will have to give a thumbs down for the stealing and such. But all in all, a very good site!

Fun Rating: 1 (about as exciting as hemorrhoids, nothing personal).
Informative Rating: 9 (you've got a lot of good stuff, but you're still a thief)
Cheap Rip Off Rating: -7 (sorry man)

2. http://www.fallout.ru/wizwar/

I think you first need to upgrade your server from the PS/2 with a black market token ring card that you are running on. The site hardly loaded, whoops its not working at all. What a great site, it doesn't even work. It "rulez" the BSAOA I guess (Broken Server Association of America).

Of course, it may well be a good site, so I apologize if it may be.

Fun Rating: 0 (unrateable)
Informative Rating: 0 (urateable)
Go Cossacks Rating: 10 (Russia is very cool, so lets have some Vodka comrades!)

3. http://www.seastop.com/ww.htm

This site has it all, and more. Fanfics, gosh what talented writers and such creativity! And glad they are not harshing on poor DWB, its all in good fun. Some hints that are good, but so original and inspiring!

All you guys need are some massive hints and such to put on and it will be the best (and I can help, so don't hesitate to ask the Frankster). You guys rock! A little off the beaten path, but very good!

Fun Rating: 24 (TOAD VILLAGE IS FOR TOADS! I'm still laughing my butt off!)
Informative Rating: 7 (its not all about the game dynamics, but with some work it will be)
Originality Rating: 10 (Damn, you guys are clever! Kudos to Slip!)

Well, that's all I can say for now. Hope you are all are enjoying the game!

FrankNStein
Old 12-17-2000, 12:13 AM   #10
Krom

2Frankenstein

a) fallout.ru is very good server. May be American's telephone lines too fast for our servers? Fallout.ru - is good linux-based server!
b) What is fun rating for you?
c) Use PROMT translation engine to translate the site.
d) I'm working on new design, so it won't be any updates till new year.
e) We don't drink vodka so much (exept proffecional drinkers We drink beer "PETROVSKOYE" by Stepan Razin.
f) We aren't comrades 10 years already. And communists in Russia are appendix of old life. We are generally >60 years old.
g) Please visit my site after new year.

2GodMode *on RUSSIAN!*

А ты не додумался зайти на *мой* форум на ROLEMANCER'е? http://www.rpg.net.ru! Там в разделе форумы. Или с моего сайта!

2Wyvern

You said, that it's great, that there is a site about WW on Russian. You said it so, that I think, that you consider, that the Russian Federation is backward country. May be we just have bad reputation? So, we have f@#king goverment.

P.S> Sorry for my bad phrase-building