Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2004, 11:39 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Yes? No? Does it depend on the type of post you write?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-22-2004, 12:21 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

it depends of course!

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-22-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
That it does. Though more often than not I can't post on IW if someone's watching. What would it do to my image if people knew I regularly post on a gaming forum?
(In all seriousness, I'd just end up making an obscene suggestion if someone took issue with it. But whatever.)

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:53 AM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

No, not really. It just bugs me when someone watches me type out my opinions and such because frankly, it's none of their business [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Why is that I wonder.... why does it bug us so?

Is it like someone listening in on a private conversation? But it's a public forum... most odd don't you think?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-22-2004, 01:30 AM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Not really Yorick, people in this forum know each other and know what's going on in each thread. I mean most of the time the people that I've seen try to look over my shoulder misunderstand and think posting in a forum is funny, so IMO, it's none of their business. Now if someone understood and they posted ina forum reguarly, then I might not be so bothered by it, but I don't know. Sense of privacy I guess.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:37 AM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

I don't really like anyone looking over my shoulder, period. If I'm typing, I'll immediately stop and ask them what they want. It's not that I'm typing something that I have a problem with them seeing, it's just the fact that I find it really rude for others to intrude on your privacy by looking over your shoulder and reading what you are typing. Just ask, I'll tell you what I'm typing. But don't just stand over my shoulder and read what I'm typing. In fact, don't intrude on my personal space unwanted by hanging over my shoulder unless I tell you otherwise. I don't do it to others out of simple respect; I just ask the same.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 02-22-2004, 03:32 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It really bugs me when my mum is seeing me typing on the forum. She will always make the comment " How old are you son? "

However, if it's other people I have no problem. They can look word per word if they want to.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:42 AM   #9
Chewbacca
Zartan

Many excellent discussions and shared laughs have been borne here at home because my fiance was reading over my shoulder.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:15 AM   #10
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

It doesn't bother me too much at all, actually. I'm not often self-conscious about the things I write because my posts are rarely deep enough for me to consider them too personal. I keep my posting light-hearted as I'm not great at taking criticism or dealing with others attacking my viewpoints or beliefs - I know this and so steer clear of anything potentially risky in terms of debates.

This is why I think someone participating in a deep or sensitive discussion (such as those in the CE forum) would have a harder time with someone looking over their shoulder. The issues are more delicate and the responses that they generate are far more personal than anything light and generic that I'd post here in GD, for example.

[ 02-22-2004, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]