Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2003, 04:38 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK Donut - my travel requisition went in today and will be approved tomorrow - that means I can start booking flights as soon as it is signed.

I have spoken to the boss about getting a couple of days annual leave and he has given me the nod. I look like flying into London the morning of the 15th of November, staying overnight at the companies expense, then flying out to Santiago on the 16th.

After the review I will fly back into London on the evening of Wednesday the 26th. From there the departure date is probably up to me. I will probably fly out on the Sunday night, though Monday is a possibility.

Is that Fulham game in the afternoon or the evening and do you think is it possible to get me a ticket? One option would be for me to fly out late on the Sunday after the game - planes usually depart for OZ about 10:30 pm.

When I come back to London I will be at my own expense so I can't stay at the same hotel that the company pays for cos that is about 350 squids a night. I will ask the travel comany for some options and am happy to consider all alternatives. Is there anything local that you can think of - hotel - spare bedroom etc? Mouse will be looking for something too I imagine if he makes it down to the big smoke as promised .
Old 10-15-2003, 05:36 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Dammit Davros! That's the weekend I'm washing my hair!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-15-2003, 05:40 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
You're taking the smeg aren't you - you would put washing you hair over force feeding a Fosters to your good pal Davros ???
Old 10-15-2003, 05:47 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Not really - that's the weekend afterwards!

Kick off is at 2 pm. My sister lives near the ground so you could leave your stuff there in order to get a quick getaway. It's about 1 hour on the tube to Heathrow.

I'll have a think about the accomodation. Do you want somewhere central or would you settle for somewhere near me. I live in Enfield which is on the outskirts of London. I can take some time off if you want someone to hold your hand.

Mmmm! Ticket! I'm sure I can find one (or two if the Mouseman wants to see some proper football!)

BTW - prepare yourself for some serious drinking!

[ 10-15-2003, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-15-2003, 06:01 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Phew -for a minute there I though I had picked a bad week .

Let's see what the Mouse man wants to do - are you still interested in a weekend in the big smoke "O Kilted One" . On the accomodation front I am happy with either option (ie Central or out your way). Out your way is If Mouse ends up taking time off and you do as well then it would be best to stay out your way in all probability. That would make it easier to stagger home from the pubs . If Mouse can't make it it and you can't get any time off then staying Central and travelling on the weekend makes more sense.

Over to you oh great tartaned rodent [img]smile.gif[/img] .

PS : I could murder a curry .
Old 10-15-2003, 06:08 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Wooo, excellent news! Would definitely be up for a beer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 06:44 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Smooooooooooooch - Chainsaw Nigel - how are ye me pretty darlin **HUGE HUGS**. I've missed yer dulcet tones and I'ma lookin forward to seein ye again.

(Davros is expectin a one word reply ending in one of those things you put keys in )
Old 10-15-2003, 06:44 AM   #18
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
You know it makes sense
Old 10-15-2003, 06:48 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
You know it makes sense [/QUOTE]Ummmm - the upcoming events link is a bit outta date [img]smile.gif[/img] - I looked at the date for the belly dancing and saw the 28th and thought "You are kiddding" then the rest of the date sank in .
Old 10-15-2003, 06:52 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
quote:
You know it makes sense [/QUOTE]Ummmm - the upcoming events link is a bit outta date [img]smile.gif[/img] - I looked at the date for the belly dancing and saw the 28th and thought "You are kiddding" then the rest of the date sank in . [/QUOTE]I haven't updated for yonks. The link buttons don't even show on my PC.