Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-17-2001, 02:18 PM   #1
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

What's with that? I've decided to restart with a totally new team and new caracter (and boy is the game different). Thing is, I've taken on Viconia (I've got this weakness for Drow females) and, as I knew, I'd lose two points of reputation which I don't care since I'll just buy them or earn them later. What I was wondering is, there's a floating skull where one of the fanatic died, no more bodies of course but just that floating skull. Why? With Viconia and Valygar both at the opposite end of the good and bad sqale, what would be a good max rep. I fully realize that she might not like me heading toward 20, her and Korgan (I had long debates on using him or not and I've decided to give him a permanent try this time). So the team stands at a Kensai, Anomen, Korgan, Valygar, Jan and Viconia.
Old 08-17-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
Tuor
Elminster

Keep you rep at 15 or so else the evil characters will start moaning and don't go below about eight or the good characters will get biffy.

The floating skull is probably a skull trap that hasn't triggered, go send a summoned monster over and find out.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:25 PM   #3
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
Keep you rep at 15 or so else the evil characters will start moaning and don't go below about eight or the good characters will get biffy.

The floating skull is probably a skull trap that hasn't triggered, go send a summoned monster over and find out.
The strange thing is that I've passed over quite a few times. Also, I couldn't see how it'd be a trap, at least not in the open air in the governement distric? Thanks for the answers, it gives me a better goal to set. Problem now is, how the heck I'll stay at that level. There's a quest out there where you can easily gain 4 rep points in a short time. And since rep points are often in bed with XP points, I'd lose the extra XP if I'd decided to go for gold instead of glory. Things to sort out this new game I guess.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:45 PM   #4
Jake
Banned User

For the skull: Im sure that must be a flash Jan launched just when the fanatic died and wasn't set off. Happened to me lots.

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 03:05 PM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

Try stealing something, killing an innocents etc if your rep gets too high or doing something equally unpalatable that will solve that problem-just be careful not to overdo it.

Viconia lowers your rep by 2 as well while shes in the party, alternatively start with an evil character because your rep starts lower.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:38 PM   #6
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
For the skull: Im sure that must be a flash Jan launched just when the fanatic died and wasn't set off. Happened to me lots.
[/B]
Come to think of it, you're right since I had just picked up Jan again. Kind of funny though that the skull is there on a permanent basis.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
[/B]
Come to think of it, you're right since I had just picked up Jan again. Kind of funny though that the skull is there on a permanent basis.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:45 PM   #8
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
Try stealing something, killing an innocents etc if your rep gets too high or doing something equally unpalatable that will solve that problem-just be careful not to overdo it.

Viconia lowers your rep by 2 as well while shes in the party, alternatively start with an evil character because your rep starts lower.
Got a very nasty surprise though with low rep. I mean, the game is full of suprises now that I've undertook a new team for a replay. I didn't think about low rep when I took on Anomen and the knight promotion. So, there I go to the Temple to get his little promotion and all I end up doing is spitting on the Temple priest because he won't promote Anomen cause of bad rep my team his! Solution was easy since I was at the begining, I knew that I could buy a few points real fast in a nearby temple. Funny how the game is so different with different team members. I've been on edge trying to do a little nooky with Viconia and all I end up doing is either being a lowlife dirty bag human or a coward :] I think she gets a perverted sexual kick out of calling me names. So, I've been thinking, I might as well take the name calling route and go all the way, gota be a way she'll fall for my irresitable charm.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:45 PM   #9
Starkiller
The Magister

If your rep gets too high...just KILL SIR SARLES, I dont want to be the only one! Seriously though, things like that, you get the most xp for giving him the real stuff which you need for the mace...so give him the real stuff, end the quest, then slay him, simply have one of your evil characters do it, and keep your good characters the hell away from the act or they will get mad. If there is something you could get by killing someone, do it. That will keep the rep manageable.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-20-2001, 02:53 AM   #10
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller:
If your rep gets too high...just KILL SIR SARLES, I dont want to be the only
Tried to kill some of the Slum's lower city cats but that didn't work out much on lowering my rep :]

Actually, I tried stealing but, if you fail, you don't lose a point right away, character just becomes enemy to you, which might lead into troubles down the road. Puzzling on how you must balance things out when you have a not-so-good team and want it to remain that way.

------------------