Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-18-2001, 03:06 AM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Completed all the stuff at Trademeet and brought Cernd back with me to Athkatla. I've tracked down the guy who has his son, but WTF is going on?
I've managed to sort it peacefully (threaten him, he goes back to his party and gives the boy over - Cernd leaves) or violently (his Lich friend lays smack on me - I reload).

Question is - what _is_ happening?, If I solve the quest "peacefully" is there any continuation (Do I still need Cernd for this?)? Do I get to find out just what is going on (why is this guy hosting a party for a Lich, who else is there?)
Old 06-18-2001, 03:09 AM   #2
Ratweed
Manshoon

as i remember thats it once you return his boy to the druid grive your done
Old 06-18-2001, 03:53 AM   #3
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

there seemed to be a big hint about a further plot in that quest - I'm thinking along the lines of powerful undead, wizard trying to buy favour, young child... (you can see where this is going). Any thoughts?
Old 06-18-2001, 01:38 PM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

I think that this might have been another quest that was planned on being continued, but was cut short. I've played through the whole game with Cernd, and nothing else ever happens.

I usually kill both the guy and the Lich, you still get the experience for finishing the quest too.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-18-2001, 01:44 PM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

You may as well just top the Lich and his mate for the XP. Nothing changes except the loss of 32,000 (i think) XP for goung the peaceful route.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-18-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Bit disappointing looked like quite a cool side quest (especially with that annoying "barred from the other side" door)

At least I know I can leave Cernd at the grove for some bonding time with his kid without thinking I'm missing something
Old 08-20-2001, 08:17 PM   #7
Wolverine129h
Dungeon Master

how do you get that barred door unlocked anyways? there is nobody but that damn Golem and i killed him as soon as i could.