Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-20-2001, 03:36 AM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
holy shite!!
its the elusive 250
long time no see.
Good to have you back

long time no see. good to see you too. life is not bad so far. no more games, NO MORE GAMES!!! (you can guess what happened to my academic year)
Old 08-20-2001, 03:38 AM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Howdy Yorick! Scaring the inhabitants of Manhattan again?!

250!!!! Well, will wonders never cease! And traveling in the USA? Nice!

Cloudy

ya, traveling in the USA --->>> ON BUS <<<---

not fun. but i did see a lot. anyway, nice to see you too, cloudy
Old 08-20-2001, 06:26 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I love Manhattan. If I had to live anywhere other than Sydney that would be the place. It's where my sister relocated to Sydney from, and she's going back there after here. She lived on West 34th Street, which is midtown, on Herald Square. We spent a lot of time there when I was still in the US. I have an aunt that lives in Queens and another who lives on the Upper West side.

Some really cool clubs there too, there's Tunnel, Limelight, Liquid, Robot and a couple more that I forget. Nell's in Soho is still going I think.

And for history there's so many cool places to see. Try going to Brooklyn and the Bronx, it's not half as dangerous as people think. Just like walking around Redfern in Sydney - if you avoid Eveleigh Street Redfern is not as dangerous as it's made out to be. Giuliani has done a hell of a lot to clean NYC up. It's not even in the top 100 most dangerous cities in the US.

250 - how you going mate?

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 11:15 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

250, I forgot to tell you I've also been teaching a couple of Yanks how to play cricket

Memnoch, I saw Limelight, amazing.

I hung out at Yaffas? a very vibey middle-east orinted cafe, with the most amazing people, one of them a middle aged, long grey hair and bearded artist who'd travelled to some amazing places - lived for years in a jungle in India etc - and who really appreciated my singing.

Anyhow hearing him talk about some of the places in NYC resplendant with the accent gave me a particular buzz. Upper East side, Soho The Bronx etc...he pointed out many of the cool coffee places and vibey areas. Amazing.

The concept of Central park is astounding. Apparently it alone, is the size of the Sydney CBD. It's huge.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-20-2001, 11:17 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I love Manhattan. If I had to live anywhere other than Sydney that would be the place.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I reckon NYC (including Long Island) is like Sydney on both speed and growth hormones.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!