Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 04:40 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I just read it at NHL.com

Lindros to Rangers for Left Wing Jan Hlavac and Defencmen Kin Johsson

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-20-2001, 05:13 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Lindros Schmindros!
He's gonna go...he's gonna have a big blue target on his back and everyone in the NHL is gonna be headhuntin whenever he's on the ice. He won't be around for long. IMHO.

Sather was probably pressured into it by upper managment.

Now what does this mean for team chemistry...Messier and Lindros??!!

Don't forget Messier did not make Team Canada during the last Olympics as much due to being old as anything else...but still Lindros wore the C in that tourney and Team Canadas traditional C has been Messier. Ol Mark may just have some hard feelings swilling around.
I know what your going to say: Messier is the captain, if anyone can get dudes on the same page it's him.
But still...i hate the Rangers! Beat Canucks in 94!
BOOOOOOO RANGERS!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 05:34 PM   #3
oldbittercraig
Elminster

NYR RIP.

Last year their $61m payroll racked up a whopping 72 points in the standings. (My Bruins? $22m for 88 points). With Lindros they'll be even worse... Lindros is the biggest SAP in hockey. His teams play worse with him around. Of course he's going to stub his toe in the shower before the team's first practice and suffer a career ending concussion anyways.

[This message has been edited by oldbittercraig (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old 08-20-2001, 06:16 PM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Hmmm, well I know everyone dislikes Lindros, but why? I cant figure it out... I am still a newbie to hockey

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-21-2001, 09:49 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Hmmm, well I know everyone dislikes Lindros, but why? I cant figure it out... I am still a newbie to hockey

Because LINDWOSS is a punk!!!!! The Fliers Gave up way too many draft picks and way too many players for him. That said, they gave up their future. What did they get in return for him???? 3 relatively young players with relatively small salaries. And Jeremy Roenick as a free agent. Lets face it, the Fliers made the same mistake that the Minnesota Vikings did when they traded for Hershal Walker of the Dallas Cowboys.

In these cases the teams losing the players were able to rebuild their teams and the teams that received the players got very little in return.

If Lindros can ever reach the level of play he had once achieved then the Rangers could be a serious contender. On the other hand, one good hit and its LA-LA land for Lindros. Good Night Irene.

Personaly, Im glad hes back in a uniform again. Love him or hate him, controversy or no, Lindros is good gab when it comes to the NHL. Im glad hes going to play again so I can watch Derian Hatcher of the Dallas Stars punch his lights out I love watching Derian pound the crap out of Mr. Tough Guy. Makes Lindros consider retirement

I remember a fight between Lindros and Messier. Messier got a torn shoulder or something from the fight and hasnt been the same since. As teammates???? Yep thats gonna be one heck of a test for Messier. I bet Messier retires after this season anyway. And Im sure he'll be glad to be away from Lindros and his Ego.

I would bet they fight a few times in training camp and maybe even a few times in practice during the regular season. Management will try very hard to keep it quiet. If they fight too much I bet Messieer gets traded to a Cup contender. The Avs or the Redwings would probably take him. St. Louis is hurting at center too. Any team would take a leader like Messier though. If the price was right.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 10:20 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Lindros is an A$$...

First, he just asks for so much on when he hasn't perfomed the way or even near what he should be contributing. Just because you were number 1 pick, traded to some good team with a gazillions of players to the other team, Forsberg included, and wore the C in a very early time, that doesn't mean you can boss everyone around. As said before, the C is EARNED, not worn for SHOW. Need I elaborate more besides he sucky pathetic performances?

Rangers... very disappointing... I was very pissed at them when they sapped out the Avs lineup to theirs! When they got Fleury, Kamensky, Lefebvre and some other guys... well, it proved to be a good thing. Lacriox sure is good

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-21-2001, 03:07 PM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Ah well,,, Maybe Stevens will give him anotehr open ice hit.

------------------