Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #11
Irongrinder

hmm, you say, that if you don't believe and there would be a god you will be punished after death even if you've lived your life well. Well, to tell you the truth, in such a case if he really wants to be so much adored even if you lived your life well, then I don't even want to believe in him. Because god or no god, I care more about how I live my life well together with others then god himself, no offence

and to answer your question why a lot of people don't believe is definately the proof which we need. I don't just chose to believe, I need to see something which makes me believe and then ofcourse know the truth of it.

[ 01-21-2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Irongrinder ]
Old 01-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #12
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Irongrinder:
hmm, you say, that if you don't believe and there would be a god you will be punished after death even if you've lived your life well. Well, to tell you the truth, in such a case if he really wants to be so much adored even if you lived your life well, then I don't even want to believe in him. Because god or no god, I care more about how I live my life well together with others then god himself, no offence

and to answer your question why a lot of people don't believe is definately the proof which we need. I don't just chose to believe, I need to see something which makes me believe and then ofcourse know the truth of it.
Fair point.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #13
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
What makes people think that all the major religions in the world have different gods?
Why do Christians believe in God? Because the scriptures describe him as God of everything, one being. Just what people wrote him down as. When say Peter or Paul or John or whoever was writing about God for later years to come, they never saw him, they just decided he was a greater bieng in human form. He could have said he had the head of a dog or anything

Other scriptures from different religions just wrote it down as many different Gods, in different forms. Dunno why really.

I reckon its just Christians were boring, and the Greek, Eqyptians, Norse were just cool and imaginative!
[/QUOTE]I was refering to the religions around now, you know, Christianity, Muslim, Buddism, Jewish, Baha'i (my own religion believing all the majour reigions are from the same god. Its just they have *different teachings* - hence the beliefs that they are from different gods because people think that if the messeges arent the same they arent from the same source)
If my religion is in fact right and it IS founded by Gods latest Manifestation some 150 years ago then one of gods own message carriers has proven that Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Mohammad and the man who founded the Baha'i faith are all from the same God!

DAMN! Im rambling!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:58 PM   #14
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Azrael I know what you're saying but what I mean is if you give it a little faith then you will either find out more and then get more faith etc. or you won't and then you've at least covered yourself and looked into it. Either way, you're not forcing it.
You can't just give it a little faith though. that faith, for me, has to come from some basis, other than the fact that there might be a god when i die and if i worship him then I dont lose anything.you can;t just start believing something. I have studied a number of different religions, and though I find some truth in all of them, to me none of them are the truth or are ever going to be in my foreseeable future. Faith isn't something you can just pick up like that, it has to be earned
Old 01-21-2003, 09:01 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I never understood why people feel the need to believe in a higher being anyway. Do they think it makes them better persons ? And am i a lesser person because i refuse to pray to a god ?
Old 01-21-2003, 09:02 PM   #16
Irongrinder

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
(my own religion believing all the majour reigions are from the same god. Its just they have *different teachings* - hence the beliefs that they are from different gods because people think that if the messeges arent the same they arent from the same source)
I wish every believer had that idea, not much wars then, although we as mankind are stupid enough to fight about something else then
Old 01-21-2003, 09:08 PM   #17
Lavindathar
Harper

Sorry mate, my bad. I understand now! Sorry, its 2am! lol.

I don't know why, I see your point. They all believe in the same God, but disagree on the message!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:09 PM   #18
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I never understood why people feel the need to believe in a higher being anyway. Do they think it makes them better persons ? And am i a lesser person because i refuse to pray to a god ?
No, you wont be a lesser person but for some people the knowledge that god exists and to Love him (not to fear him as some people do... I dont know why...) makes people feel better, it can make you happier. People also think that to believe in god you have give up things that make life enjoyable but it *is* possible to live without those things and have even more fun!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:13 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yeah, i know people feel like that Dagorion, but i'm quite happy as it is, and i owe it all to myself. Of course i could become even happier, but only when i win the lottery.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:15 PM   #20
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Sorry mate, my bad. I understand now! Sorry, its 2am! lol.

I don't know why, I see your point. They all believe in the same God, but disagree on the message!
LOL. I’m surprised at how many people agree with this fact so far. A whopping 2! (More then I would have expected for some reason.)