Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-28-2001, 01:19 AM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is in continuation of Spree's sub-plot which features the introduction of a new character Maverick.

Spree has just located Deiter who had disappeared sometime after the battle with Meldrin.

Maverick has asked Spree to meet him at the Five Flagons.

Larry and Mistral have emerged from the cave with the artifact.

Kaz is walking around the city, in search of her friends.

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 01:24 AM   #2
mistral4543

~ Larry and Mistral sprint back towards the city, eager to be rid of their heavy burden; Isabeau flies ahead of them, warning them of any unforeseen danger...~

~ Fortunately, they reach the Temple of Mystra without any further obstacles. The High Priestess of the temple smiles upon them ~ "You have gone through much peril, my friends, for something which may not mean much to you. We, however, are aware of the significance of owning this powerful orb which you have retrieved for us. We are grateful and would like you to accept the following tokens of our appreciation." ~

~ She walks over to Larry, presenting him with a girdle ~ "For a true swordsman, this girdle of frost giant strength* should prove an asset." ~ Moving on to Mistral, she places a band around her forehead ~ "For an adventurer focusing in the art of magic, self-control is vital. This mindshield circlet grants the wearer full immunity to all psionic and mind attacks, including feeblemind, chaos, confusion, stun, fear and domination." ~ Finally, she hands over a shining silver rod to Larry ~ "This is a rod of resurrection, with 10 charges; use it well."~

~ Thanking the High Priestess profusely, Larry and Mistral make their way back to the old building that the group of companions had bought earlier. Flinging themselves on their respective beds, they finally indulge in some well-earned rest, with Isabeau keeping a watchful eye over them...~

*Sets strength to 21 permanently when worn

(ooc: The cave quest adds 20,000 XP each to both Larry and Mistral. In the previous battle against Meldrin, everyone received 20,000/5 = 4,000 XP to his or her character. I sure hope we gain enough XP to improve at least a level each before we go after Kaz's demon... not very likely, is it? )
Old 10-28-2001, 06:58 AM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: AAARGH! Internet didn't work. at least I'm back on now. WHY do you always do so much when I'm not there?
Real sorry to hear about the accident, Deiter. I hope you and your dad are both okay...
While wandering around the city, Kaz came to the docks. The smell of the sea filled her nostrils, and gulls cried in the air. Kaz felt refreshed and looked around. It was not likely that Spree would be here, but she had not found her anywhere else.
Walking around a corner, Kaz stopped, stunned. In front of her was a small shed, rotting and almost collapsed. In the corner there was a heap of sawdust, covered with a cloth. It was the same place that she had seen in her dream, and it seemed familiar and alien at the same time. Cursing her memory, which tantalized her with things forgotten but did not give them to her, she looked around. All seemed as it had been in the dream, just more weathered. It seemed as though she had lived here all her life, yet at the same time had never been here before. Stepping into the shack, she saw a burnt dark mark on the floor. It had the shape of a mask...
Kaz felt icy fingers grasping at her spine, and it seemed as though someone was laughing in her head. Her hand hurt, and she looked at it. Was there a mark there, or were her eyes playing tricks on her? Dark dust seemed to swirl up from the corners of the room...
Kaz turned around and ran, as fast as her legs could carry her. She sprinted away from the docks, trying to flee from the dark shadow that seemed to follow her. She slowed, finally stopping in the Bridge district. She looked at her hand again - it seemed perfectly normal, it had stopped hurting.

OOC: I'd be glad for any help with this sub-plot, yes.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 07:20 AM   #4
mistral4543

{ooc: Kaz - about all the action going around when you're not around... you know I'm the drama queen around here; just take a look at Spree's comments

Would it be possible for you to drop me an email with the basic points that have been fixed in your sub-plot? I can then look through it at leisure and see how I can help... I promise not to turn it into another low-budget soap opera that Spree so hates )

Old 10-28-2001, 08:01 AM   #5
Kaz

OOC: composing my e-mail now...
Old 10-28-2001, 08:15 AM   #6
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Could we truly call it a subplot if the bumbling human is not groped upon at least once?! I'm going to cut off Larry's tongue as a service to you all. And perhaps some other body parts. My friends are a really bad influence on me...)

~As they near the tavern she acknowledges Deiter's question. But how to answer she did not know. She cautiously chooses her words and her voice shows its hesitance.~ "Maverick... Is an old friend." ~She bites her lower lip wondering whether to contiue, though she knew her statement meant absolutely nothing.~ "We grew up together in Ravenwood, a-and he was my father's apprentice." ~She looks at Deiter's confused green eyes.~ "And by some stroke of fate I found him when I was looking for you."
Old 10-28-2001, 09:33 AM   #7
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: BUMP! Where is everybody?
Old 10-28-2001, 09:43 AM   #8
mistral4543

(ooc: I'm here... going to bed soon...yawn... not sure whether to post or not, I don't want to lead everyone else off tangent again. This time, you and Deiter should do all the posting. Bet you'll never catch up with me now; I'm Drizzt!

Kaz - I've replied to your mail )
Old 10-28-2001, 09:49 AM   #9
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: I'm up

Deiter nodded as he took what she said in."Well thats good that you ran into a old friend."

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-28-2001, 10:10 AM   #10
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
(ooc: I'm here... going to bed soon...yawn... not sure whether to post or not, I don't want to lead everyone else off tangent again. This time, you and Deiter should do all the posting. Bet you'll never catch up with me now; I'm Drizzt!
OOC: Try catching up with me! Or Larry. Replied to your mail, too.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-28-2001).]