Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Does anyone still play this game? I just got it last week (only ten euros now), and so far I'm pretty content. I'd heard some nasty stories about bugs, but found none. (patched it none the less) Framerate in outdoor areas isn't all I'd like it to be, but since most of the action is indoors anyway, I can live with that. The thing I like most is the ambiance; you really feel like a vampire and the dark atmosphere really adds a great deal to the gameplay. There also seems to be alot of variation. One second you're in a haunted hotel (Ocean House) and don't meet a single foe for half an hour, the next you're having a shoot-out with the Russian Mob. Awesome stuff! The various Clans also provide for excellent replayability, I started out as a Toreador, then switched to Tremere after a while (Blood Boil and Purge are priceless). I'm thinking of restarting as a Gangrell or a Malkavian next. Any suggestions regarding gameplay or preformance? I certainly wouldn't mind some character-building advice. Right now I'm focussing on persuasion, seduction, scholarship, melee and sometimes dodge. I try to max out one disipline of choice early in the game too. Am I spreading it too thin?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
The persusion and seduction skill will definitely gain you some extra XP through conversation, and some intimate moments with VV an Jeanette. But it won't help you overcome a bunch wild vampires who are trying to bite your head off. I always played as a Brujah, a little bit of everything. Besides, ever since "Redemtion" i'm used to being a Brujah.

I guess the patch fixed most bugs in the game, the Dr. Johansson bug being the worst of em all, but didn't fix the memory leakage, hence the lag when you run around outside. But like you, i could also live with that.

Yeah, i still play it.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
(only ten euros now)
I saw it for four euros the other day, might have to pick it up also, and then flood the boards with questions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

After you've finished the game, I recommend playing a Malkavian. Believe me, that's quite an experience.

[ 09-16-2005, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

i LOVE playing as a malkavian. that was my very first character, and she spoiled me. i'm replaying now.... tried a torrie, brujah and gangrel.. but i went straight back to a malk. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I've read some good things about Malks on some of the Vampire board, and most of the Vampire Veterans were on the same line as Vesselle when discussing Malkavians. Apparently, trying them makes all the other classes look boring, so I might try playing a Gangrel first. Although I have been looking forward to trying a more stealth oriented character. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

Yes, you should really play through the game once with a Malkavian. Dialogue options runs from hilarious to cryptic to merely interresting. There are some other fun things as well; hearing voices, TV's that talk to you, having a conversation with a STOP sign etc.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
As a Malkavian...would you still be able so succesfully romance all the hot babes in the game ?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:44 PM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Speaking of romance. What kind of seduction skill do you need for that? I never got further than some poems and a poster from VV.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I think you have to cheat to get it going on with Jeanette, seeing how early in the game you meet her. I've never managed to do it, but someone on Gamebanshee told me it was possible to get frisky with her. Not even a Toreador has stats that high at the start of the game though, so again...i don't think it's possible without cheating yourself up a few levels on the charmscale. You also have to keep her happy at all costs, so do exactly what she asks from you, and choose her side when the pistol scene comes along. That should be enough to trigger a romance between Jeanette and your character.