Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Its 100 degrees (F) outside and its not ever July yet..

*sigh*

Texas summers..
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-31-2003, 07:06 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
What do you want us to say ? That we're sorry for you ?

Stop complaining, get undressed, and go out for a swim.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:08 PM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

A) Yes, that would be nice.

B) I dont like swimming.

So there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-31-2003, 09:01 PM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

you dont like to swim?!?
I understand your pain, it is about the same here most of the time, but it is a mild 79 (F) right now perfect for a night out

god I wish I could go swiming right now, would love to feel the cool water chilling by body [img]smile.gif[/img] maybe soon I can go to the private lake a friend of a friend owns and not have to worry bout a group of people
Old 05-31-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Yes I concur, that is most certainly unreasonable to expect you to handle such heat at this time of year, especially in your unfortunate condition of not liking swimming. I'll launch a petition against your circumstances immediately.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

1. You sound like us last year LOL! But this year we've had cold temps all spring so far, and tons of rain every single day for a month

2. It's still cold yet it's almost June now!

3. Last year it was overly hot, 100 degree temps starting in May until October, now we have all rain and chilly temps, wtf is going on? Where is spring? Will I be able to wear a short sleeved shirt anytime soon? Cause I'm kinda tired of wearing sweaters, have worn them since last October, we had a very cold winter with a lot of snow. cold! cold! cold! sick of frikken cold dammit!!!!!!!!!

4. Done ranting now re the opposite of you IronRangerDanger, just sayin is all

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-31-2003, 10:50 PM   #7
spydar

I have absolutely no comprehension of what 100 degrees F must feel like, up here we use celsius and I only barely passed chem so don't ask me to convert it.
but it does get over 30 celsius in summer here and I know that's godawful hot.

you should close all curtains to block out the sunlight and sit in front of an air condition drinking some nice cool substance (I'd choose a daquiri but thats just me). whoever said this kind of weather should celebrated are the same useless twits who think if they can't see you then you can't see them
Old 05-31-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
1. You sound like us last year LOL! But this year we've had cold temps all spring so far, and tons of rain every single day for a month

2. It's still cold yet it's almost June now!

3. Last year it was overly hot, 100 degree temps starting in May until October, now we have all rain and chilly temps, wtf is going on? Where is spring? Will I be able to wear a short sleeved shirt anytime soon? Cause I'm kinda tired of wearing sweaters, have worn them since last October, we had a very cold winter with a lot of snow. cold! cold! cold! sick of frikken cold dammit!!!!!!!!!

4. Done ranting now re the opposite of you IronRangerDanger, just sayin is all
Ladyzekke You must live within 50 miles of my house in Winchester Virginia because yesterday was the first day that we had sunshine in three weeks and then it went and rained again today. I'm so sick of cold weather!
I'm from southern California where I have seen it 100 Degrees on Christmas Day.
I'm can remember going for 5 whole years without seeing it rain even once I WANT the SUN.
HAY Iron_Ranger I lived in Alvin Texas for A total of two years and that's about 50 miles south of Houston, I'll trade you houses you can come here to cold Virginia and live and I'll go back to good old Hot Texas. Just say the word! I love to swim in 100 Degree weather or just stand out in the Sunshine and soak up some good old fasion Radiation from the SUN! [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Love that Summertime!
Old 06-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Yes I concur, that is most certainly unreasonable to expect you to handle such heat at this time of year, especially in your unfortunate condition of not liking swimming. I'll launch a petition against your circumstances immediately.
I believe that was why you were voted most Sarcastic IW member . It is unreasoable because its not even summer yet and its 100 degrees. As for the swimming bit, its not the actuall swimming I dislike, its the people, and the not so clean water. A private swimming pool that is has a good filter, thats nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:

HAY Iron_Ranger I lived in Alvin Texas for A total of two years and that's about 50 miles south of Houston, I'll trade you houses you can come here to cold Virginia and live and I'll go back to good old Hot Texas. Just say the word!
My mom would love that. She wants to go visit that part of the country (Virgina, Tennesee, DC and such) some time soon. We were going to go last year in the fall, but things got cancelled, and then tryed again this spring, but alas, got interrputed yet again.

My Dad wouldnt like Virgina too much, he actually wants to go more south. Why is beyond my comprehension. Well, maybe the hill country wouldnt be too bad.

As for me, Virgina would be nice, but I am aiming for the west for my furture. Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, that sort of thing. But yeah, if it were up too me, I would trade Texas for Virgina.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:58 AM   #10
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'll agree that if you have to work or study in sweltering heat then it can be a real downer. I'd rather freeze at work than melt and sweat [img]smile.gif[/img]
But if you're on holiday/vacation right now and are complaining about the heat then just go cry in a corner or something where we don't have to hear it [img]tongue.gif[/img]