Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just thought I would pass along a bit of infomation that I picked up. If you are playing are multi and you have loaded on ToB, everyone must have ToB loaded on tho their computers to play in order to stay compatible. Just thought if you are in a multi that might be good to know.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #2
Waluin

Yeah, but before that I need to find some actual multiplayer games
Old 07-13-2001, 10:42 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That depends, Waluin. What alignment-based companions are you looking for? I've got a Drow, Fighter (NE alignment) that I'm working my way up to ToB, and would like to bring him into Multi.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:53 AM   #4
TheDutkanator

Dont forget to check for patches. There's already a patch for ToB. Although a BETA, a lot of people on Gamespy have it. http://www.interplay.com/bg2throne/downloads.html

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-13-2001, 10:54 AM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Alignment shouldn't matter in a multi game. If you play in character and agree to play that way then you are responsible for your own actions. Providing you agree on a few rules at the start...ie..."no killing innocent civilians" then you shouldn't have any trouble. Obviously if you get caught stealing or whatever then its up to you to either reload or let it run with a few people being hostile to you. I'd advise playing IC and accepting whatvever happens but as I say, if you set the ground rules before starting then you shouldn't have any trouble.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:00 AM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That is just it CS, a party composed of good-aligned characters will get very annoyed at one single character that is evil-aligned. See it this way: The good like to help, take the reward, and leave. The evil accept to help, take the reward, and possibly kill the rewarder. Another example: In SoA, when you encounter the Silver Dragon- the good would like to help her, and the evil would take on which ever seemed more profitable (in this case, since my character is Drow, do the Drow quest and kill the Silver Dragon). This could greatly disrupt the game. As all the havoc going on because of the evil character could lower the party's reputation dramatically.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:00 AM   #7
Waluin

All my characters are goody-goody, unfortunately

But its good to see people are actually up for multiplay.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:20 AM   #8
Conan

Reeka, I should get on some type of instant messenger huh.. Well next week. Thanks for stepping in to help big O . Did you get him straight last night? Im not sure but I dont think his system is powerful enough. I made a couple of adjustments to my system but all is well.I have 466MHz with a celeron processor. I think 350 is the minumum you can run
I am really up for this multi-game thing also. I have not even finished the first chapter and I would like to experience ToB with others. I am a Wizard Slayer...Lawful neutral but like CS said it should not matter. My e-mail address is logged so get back to me there everyone. Thanks again Reeka!

------------------

Old 07-15-2001, 01:40 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Bump !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !