Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Has anyone played through BG1, TotSC, DSotSC, BG2, and ToB with a Drow as the protagonist? I'm only starting it, but right now he is one awesome PC. Critical is over 30, average damage of 15 or greater, and only level 3! His THAC0 is 13, and AC is -3. I can't seem to get the 50% MR, but I have reduced the appropriate saves by 2. Ever make that drow in BG2, CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("uddrow27")? That is what my PC is going to look like (I hope), but I have to wait until I get him to BG2.. Oh, a little info on his goal for being above ground.. he is in search for Drizzt, so he can kill him. He is a NE aligned character.. This has got to be the best (and funnest) PC that I have ever made!
Old 07-12-2001, 02:17 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Done it all (bar ToB) with a fighter, a fighter/thief, a thief (current). Great fun but many hours work. No Drow though.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-12-2001, 02:23 PM   #3
Rikard

Nano are you only playing at nighttime?
because you should
and also you should take in concideration the fact that people normally would attack you just for being drow
Anyway Try to get viconia

------------------

Old 07-12-2001, 02:33 PM   #4
Nanobyte

I mostly play at nighttime, and my groups rep. is 6. My group is composed of me (Drow, Fighter), Viconia, Edwin, and (the Dwarf you meet in Beregost). I don't want him to have to fight off so many guards when he isn't that powerful. So far, he has max HP (started with 13, has 39), and am considering of lowering the rep. soon. Rikard, do you know of any ways I can get the 50% MR?
Old 07-12-2001, 02:47 PM   #5
Nanobyte

-Double post-
(Why is the server so slow?)

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 07-12-2001).]
Old 07-12-2001, 02:54 PM   #6
Rikard

Rikard is a Total emptyhead when it comes to resistances (becoz i'm irresisteble ) but you could try Gate keeper for BG1 and Shadow Keeper for BG2

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 07-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 07-12-2001).]

Old 07-12-2001, 02:58 PM   #7
Nanobyte

I think that is what I have right now, Gate Keeper. Does that have anything on it for MR? I guess I have an unupdated version because mine doesn't show anything for MR..
Old 07-12-2001, 03:07 PM   #8
Drawde1
The Magister

One of the characters I play in BG2 is a Drow fighter/mage (based on the character I used to play in Daggerfall). I also sometimes play as a half-elf Bard or an ordinary elf Mage or Cleric/Mage (I'm planning to play as a cleric/mage in my next game, so I can do the various temple quests!)
Old 07-12-2001, 03:12 PM   #9
Dramnek_Ulk

i was gonna play in bg1 half elf half drow fighter/mage and i mangaed to roll the perrty incredbile stats of:

Str:18/79
Dex:18
Cons:16
Int:18
Wis:11
Cha:17

and did the charecter solo

------------------
The most Holy and Divine Godly and Wise Noble and Kind Knights of the Ever burning Flame Imperishable of Eternal Hope and Faith from which all Life will find its Perfect Gleaming Shining Defence Force of honour and Righteous Justice to protect them form the Corrupt Amoral Baneful Evil Flagitious Nefarious Vile wretched Depraved Low Base Sordid and dirty Wizard of ultimate doom Who wishes to destroy This Eden like Land of Bountiful Promise And Racial Harmony with great natural beauty which He dare not despoil with Grasping Talons of Destroying Misery Death pollution destruction anhilation War Strife Xenocide and Hatred

Old 07-12-2001, 03:18 PM   #10
Tuor
Elminster

I've done them all (except throne of Bhaal) with a paladin, fighter/mage dual at 12th level, mage, bard, fighter/cleric dual at 9th and thief.

It's a lot of fun seeing your characters progress all the way through.

One thing I didn't realise is the treasure to be had in Irenicus' cave at the start of BG2 depends on what you finish TOTSC with.

Incidently as a Drow you'd attack surface elves on sight-that might make suldanessellar a bit tough but hey it'd be a lot of fun kicking misery guts Elthan's backside.