Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Hi everyone, in my current run through I just saved you know who in Spellhold and had finished the first level. Well, my son just called to tell me he accidentally deleted by game. I had been saving over the same file for about 6 hours of actual game play so I have lost quite a bit. I am fairly certain I know the answer to this question, but is there a way to salvage a deleted game file? I guess I am holding out hope there is a trash bin or something in the directory where they go kind of similar to my deleted e-mail. LOL Anyway, thanks in advance!

Peace, John.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Check recycle bin.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

when the game is uninstalled i dont think that the save games get deleated. but if the game was deleated as you say, i think you can get un delete programs, here is one i know of,
http://www.finalrecovery.com/download.htm hope it works.

EDIT: There is also a free trial version, where you can regain files up to 64kb, i think. I'm prety sure the save files are smaller than 64kb.

[ 12-23-2005, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: timothy trotter ]
Old 12-24-2005, 03:52 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

If the game was 'uninstalled', then the saves will still be in the folder the game was originally installed into.

If the game was 'deleted', then you will have to use an 'undelete' program as mentioned above. Also, files that are 'deleted' go into the Recycle bin. If that wasn't emptied then you can just 'restore' the files from the Recycle bin.

I'm not sure about BG2 saves, but BG1 saves are WAY over 64kb.

[ 12-24-2005, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: ElfBane ]

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:03 AM   #5
Cam_H
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but all of my BG2 saved game folders exceed 64kbs - even the baldur.gam file within the saved game folders do.
Cam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

There are other undelete programs, just do a google search for undelte programs. Thats what i did to find that first program