Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 09:03 AM   #21
Moiraine
Anubis

I never never thought about killing myself ! Because I'm waaay too curious, and if I did, I would never know what happens next.

Also, if you are at the bottom, things may only get better, no ?
Old 06-13-2002, 09:05 AM   #22
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

If you wanted to get exotic you could go to Bagdad and wave an American Flag. Youd be dead within seconds.

Besides my religious convictions I simply think it is just wrong to do it. As it says in the Bible it is the one unforgivable sin. If you're dead you cant ask for forgiveness of that sin. Therefor you will burn in hell for the rest of eternity. Of course thats another thing Ive always had a problem with and that is why would a kind loving forgiving God make someone burn in hell forever... and a day???

Seems to me like he'd obliterate their soul into the void of space, time, non-exsistance, ect. and be done with it. I cant picture a kind loving God getting any satisfaction from knowing someone is suffering for eternity. That part just doesnt make sense.

I cannot and will not ever condon suicide. As for realisticly trying to offer a method: If you want to do it youll find a way. You wont be stopped by anyone. There is no changing your mind once you do it.

People who "attempt" suicide are generally crying out for attention. Those who really want to die, die.

As someone else said, the best revenge is to outlive your enemies. Sometimes that means an ex girlfriend or boyfriend. Dont give in to depression. Instead, show them that you are happier and better off without them. They really hate it when they thought they had the upper hand and were wrong.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:03 AM   #23
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

I don't know...when I'm abit down, I don't really have a material miracle cure for it (like listening to music or reading a book, for example)

You just have to concentrate on the tasks at hand (school, work, whatever) and try not to think about it. Just grit your teeth, distract yourself, and it will eventually pass.

Time will heal all of your wounds, mate. You just gotta hang on sometimes.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:09 AM   #24
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Don't commit suicide!!!!!I've been down that road! Just think of what you have to look forward to and all of those who love you!If you commit suicide you'll end up in an everlasting torment called hell.That's what alot of people in my town think and I'm one of em.Trust me you do not want to commit suicide.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-13-2002, 10:19 AM   #25
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Whenever I feel depressed, I'll be very tempted to take the 10 cynide pill I store in my closet. but until now I don't have the reasons to end everything so soon yet.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:39 AM   #26
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I still have a scar on my wrist after a nasty breakup and lots of beer, it was 4 years ago...
Old 06-13-2002, 10:42 AM   #27
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Well I still have a scar on my wrist after a nasty breakup and lots of beer, it was 4 years ago...
Supposedly cutting your wrist isn't the best of ways to go about it. From what I hear most people that try that just end up with a scar.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:16 AM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
sorry to inforn you that those kind of thougts have never crossed my mind, life is just to good to be thinking about stuff like that
Old 06-13-2002, 12:45 PM   #29
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Unfurtunatly ending it all is like the number 2 cause of death in teenagers. So those of you who may be reading this thread and feel like no one understands, your all alone, you have no one to turn to... its completely wrong and a lie.
Talking about it and expressing your feelings you would be surprised at how much people have to offer. As a parent of 2 teenage daughters (bet you guys didn't know this ) I asure you mood swings and depression will pop up sometime along the way. Its not wrong to feel this way, and veiwing the statistics on this subject Many people feel this one time or another. Its how you act on these feelings is what is important because as they will come, sooner or later.
When I am feeling a bit depressed and get a useless feeling about myself or mistakes Ive made along the way I listen to upbeat music to start with. Try a little dancing and bust a few moves in the mirror [img]smile.gif[/img] . Call a friend talk about whatever is eating at you. Excercise is great also.. and if you feel so inclined, wear your heart out on your sleeve.
My friends and family seem to pick up body signs and always step in and cheer me up somehow. I dont get depressed very often but it does creep up on the best of us for one reason or another.

One time I was depressed for months but and did all the things I wrote and I also tried my hardest to draw closer to God and figure out what went wrong. I dont like to talk about it to much but if this post has even the slightest chance of helping someone that feels like I did at one time, I won't hesitate to post it.
My first marriage ended in divorce. I was married for 11 years, 2 girls and I thought everything was good, until I caught her lying and cheating on me. I imediately started sleeping in another room and it took 3 months of scraping up money so I could get my own place to live. The girls were in school and had good friendships around there so what else could I do. I tried getting them in court but unfurtanetly its VERY hard for a father to do this. I lost everything because of this. Everything I worked so hard for was now my ex's and not only that I was dragged into court and nailed with a huge child support payment on top of this.
The kicker is when I moved into a basement of exile the guy moved right into my house the day after, eating my food, sleeping in my bed, and bearing gifts for my girls!!!

That was a huge turning point in my life. Filled with every kind of emotion you could imagine -- I stayed cool, went to work, and got back to my mole hole and went to sleep at 8:00 every night just wanting to put time behind this. Half my salary going out to this ****, no car, no phone and sometimes 25$ to live on during the week because I got stuck with paying off thousands in debt.

Good time to end it all I ask you..? NO WAY!!!
A peace which I cannot describe filled me with hope and renewed life. I did struggle for that year but it was a year I started from scratch and looked beyond the circumstances. Life became fun again and now---I kid you not Ive been given 100 times more then what I had then. I know excatly where to turn now when that old feeling comes around.
Whoever you are out there, don't do it. There's something great waiting for you -so turn your eyes and heart above.

-Scott
Old 06-13-2002, 07:41 PM   #30
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

despair and hoplessness are emotions. So at least you'd know you are feeling something.

I like the feeling sometimes...Sometimes I just need to be alone. Kind of liek sensory deprivation...Human contact deprivation...

Uh, really, I am a people person for the most part..