Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-01-2001, 06:37 PM   #41
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The man raised an eyebrow at you: "how much d'ye wunt fer it erh?"

Then he examined it for a moment: "Bah, I've got five Imperial Copper fer that piss, de dimand desnunt even look real tu me!"

The man looked at you and waited impatiently for your respondes, then all of a sudden, something struck him. He stood up, and looked at you eyes widened. His jaws hang open: "Dro..." but the words stuck, he somehow knew he shouldn't yell out such knowledge in the public

Slowly, he sat down "Ok, what'd ye want? BE QUICK!"

Old 11-02-2001, 12:50 AM   #42
TheDutkanator

"What do you know about this ring. I'll know if you're lying. We wouldn't want that now, would we?" He flashes an evil grin that shows promise of pain or death if the man should anger him. Although he couldn't personally detect lies, it's not wise to call the bluff of a drow. Drow are known for detection abilities, not to mention deceit.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 11-02-2001, 01:01 AM   #43
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"I ma afraad zat'd cost ya" The man said nervously "Fifty silver piss fer checking, tu hunded piss if it be cursed, I don't wanna riskin tatching zat sort, ye know?"

Looking at your pocket, you don't have enough.

Old 11-02-2001, 02:15 AM   #44
TheDutkanator

Kendril whispers harshly, "Drow can't be going around letting people see them. Bad for their image. I guess I'll just have to kill you." He waits a full moment while glaring at him with an icy cold death promising look. He then continues, "Take the risk identifying it for me and I let you live. One word to anyone, you die. Refuse, you die. Choose!"

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 11-02-2001, 02:45 AM   #45
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The mage, with all his heart, was resentful, yet it was just simply too much to risk. He secretly cursed "dunnt ye tsink ye cun get away zat eazi!!"

"fi...fine, zen. cun I huv a luuk at the ring zen? git me de cursed thing, Shar's dagger bless ye backbone." You handed him the ring, then he looked at it carefully for a while, then shook his head

"zis ring, be enchanted by a demonizer. not a mage, not a clerk, not a priest, ye heard me? a demonizer, yeppe, the worst kind erf our trade, if ye consider them ma trade at all. Perzonally, I 'd not. It cun be immenzely powerful, er terrible curzed, I huf no idea, depending on wutz imprisoned in zer ring n' how well it waz implmented, ye huv tu ask de ow..." He pauses for a second, then look at you suspiciously

Where did you get the ring? why do you ask a mage of my kind to identify it for you? mayheps, you are not so resourceful as your kins sound like?

He made no move, just looking at you, carefully measuring your reactions
Old 11-02-2001, 03:27 AM   #46
TheDutkanator

"Who? Say the name and I'll consider this meeting finished. Don't test me!" He points at the mage with one hand and puts a finger on his chest with the other hand. He didn't exactly have one of those types of 'crossbow'/dart contraption, but a lot of drow did. He hoped this mage knew of such devices. He also hoped this mage would not call this bluff either.

"All I want is the name."

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 11-02-2001, 03:47 AM   #47
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The mage snarled "heh, coola down, friend." He grinned at you, unshaken by your threats. Obviously, you had shared something you dont want him to know involunteerly

He zap his drink slowly "All I meant tu zay was 'ye huv tu ask de owner' heh heh heh" So, this is a lone drow, he thought, with a ring which he wants to know the property of desperately. And he has not slightst idea about it.

That fact made him relax a litte. This drow is probally pointing him with a cursed crossbow dart. He'd heard tales about such device. However, he dared this drow not to shoot him, simply toorisky, he thought, for such a small task. 'but wun should never azzum how a drow tsinks' he told himself

Put down his drink, he spoke with a more confident tone
"Alright, zis ring, used a diamond. It could mean several possible tsings. Conjulatin schuwls and Invockatin schuwls of ma'jic, only luxshry wunz, uze diomands as componatz. of cersze, zat dusnnt mean the ability thiz ring haz tu du wizz conjulatin er invockatin. juzt sumtsing ye should bear in mind, it haz de potential fer very desductive power."

Examining the ring some more, he added
"ye notised how clear de surface erf zis ring iz?"

You nodded in agreement

"yap, almust tlanshparent. zat gave de potential fer divinatin spellz. Oh my, com'tu tsink erf it, wun who ownz such a ring muzt be powerful himself indeed." He looked at you with renewed respect.

"I perzonaly tsink it iz nat curzsed, fer I sense no overwhelming ma'jic floatin around, but I cud be wrong. ye muzt be de wun tu take de risk."
He stood up "if notsing more iz required flom me, I perfer tu be left along." He began to leave
Old 11-02-2001, 03:58 AM   #48
TheDutkanator

Kendril decided to let the man go, but not unwatched. He decided he'd keep a close eye on him until he was sure this man was no longer a threat. He put the ring back in his pocket deciding this place would not be suitable for a 'test run'. Saying nothing to the man, he just slumped back a bit and kept him within site out of the corner of his eye.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 11-02-2001, 04:04 AM   #49
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: hehehe, the news will spread soon, there is a drow in town your employer will have to take care of that
Old 11-02-2001, 04:23 AM   #50
TheDutkanator

OOC: Now wait a sec. I didn't completely let him go. I said I was keeping an eye on him. If he had left my sight, I would be quick to follow. At first opportunity, or at first sign of threat, I would definately strike. Can't let word of presence get out!

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote: