Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 11:13 PM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Depends on how your medical rules go where you are. If he is able to say no, they won't take him. Your mom can sign a form for him if he gets to the point that he can't sign. We had a similar problem before my step-father died. He was proud too. They called an ambulance and signed for him. I wish I could offer better words for you, but he has the right to say no as long as he is able. My step-father was the same way. It may take a life threatening event to snap him out of it (that's what helped my step-father, but it was too late.) The toxins are destroying him internally. Even cleaning them out will not undo the damage. That's why it's so important for him to take his medicine. I wish you the best though. Know that my prayers will go towards your family as well.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-14-2001, 11:14 PM   #12
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Woah, that's bad. Sorry, I should be more supportive. The fact is, you have to get him to an hospital pronto. Try to persuade him. Tell him that you really care about him and that you would feel better if he went to the hospital because your really worried about him. If he tells you he's OK, reply with something like

"Dad, I know you're trying to make me feel better. But I really think that you will die if you don't go to the hospital and quite frankly, I don't want you to die because I love you very much. Could you please go to the hospital?"

Push it, you don't want to be without a dad do you?

Add-on: if he still doesn't want to go, try knocking him out or phoning an ambulance. ... no, I'm not joking. The bottom line is that if you think that he's in need of medical attention, get him the medical attention he needs.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 11:16 PM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
i dont quite think it was a stroke, but with his coctail of medical problems, its hard for me to tell. and if you want, pray for him. i know i will.

Since you are saying that they are pumping fluids from his stomach, that's pretty much what I was basing my response on. EVERYTHING you have said matches what my step-father went through. He needed a transplant too. It's because the liver isn't functioning that the toxins are building up. The medicine helps to remove the toxins, but if he isn't taking them, that's why he's so bad off.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-14-2001, 11:17 PM   #14
Conan

Damn. Stop him from drinking. no more ever

------------------
*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 09-14-2001).]

Old 09-14-2001, 11:18 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
i dont quite think it was a stroke, but with his coctail of medical problems, its hard for me to tell. and if you want, pray for him. i know i will.

Well at least that offers you more hope of a recovery!
I know his health is bad, but the repercussions of a stroke would take a lot longer to reverse and sometimes they never can be. (like grandpa)
I'll definitely be praying for your family and i wish you the absolute best.
*HUGS*

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-14-2001, 11:19 PM   #16
G'kar

dude, my thoughts are with you. I agree with getting medical help pronto!

Old 09-14-2001, 11:19 PM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Did he perhaps suffer a stroke?!
With his current health problems, the possibility of a stroke should not be overlooked!

That sounds almost exactly like the way my mother acted when my younger brother found her alone in her house right after she had a stroke! He got her immediate medical attention and she is OK.

An extremely heavy drinker, with no other apparent health problems, Rex's grandpa had a stroke a few years ago...he still acts like your dad was earlier!

I hope he and you are going to be OK!

If you don't mind prayer on your all's behalf, I would be happy to include you all in mine.
*HUGS*

Even more reason to get to the hospital and have him checked out.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-14-2001, 11:21 PM   #18
Moni

Wow, Tobbin!
I am sorry you had to go through what you did but glad you are here with the information!

grandpa has conflicts with his meds now and then but his liver and stomach are OK so we never have to deal with what you apparently know all about.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-14-2001, 11:22 PM   #19
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

my mom had to go get some medicine just a few minutes ago, so i hope that helps him a little bit. she just tried to put him down for bed, and if hes still like that in the morning then im going to have to convince my mom to take him to the hospital again. i dont think thats the hard part though, the hard part would be getting him to agree to it with him still being conscious. hopefully he'll be better, but if not i dont care what he says, hes going to have to go. after reading these posts, im convinced that if it continues like this he needs to go.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-14-2001, 11:22 PM   #20
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Damn. Stop him from drinking. no more ever

It doesn't really matter about the drinking. My step-father drank a lot too. The doctors made him stop drinking (by making my mom throw out all the booze in the house), but all that does is stop things from getting worse. If your liver is damaged, it can't be repaired (beyond transplant that is). Eventually, his blood will get affected too and they may have to put a pacemaker in him to help his heart. My step-father eventually got so low a blood pressure that they had to do this. When his heart stopped beating the first time, the doctor popped his chest like from the old star trek series and his pacemaker kicked in. It did this like 3 more times. The 4th time he never did get his heart started back up.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL