Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 12:47 PM   #1
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings all,

I'm in a wee bit o' trouble in that danged bandit camp. I've murdered everyone in the camp (except the hammer wielding guy, he is one tough coockie, I'm saving him for later) and now when I enter the leaders tent I'm dead before I know it. The archers and Sorcerors dish out some heavy punishment to begin with and in come the fighters. I'm usually dead after 7 seconds or so... Anyone got any hints to beat this hellhole? For information, my party consists of the following :

Level 3 Dwarven Fighter
Imoen level 3
Xan level 3.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:03 PM   #2
Calsiumus
Drow Warrior

you could go and do some more sub quest and gain some more experiens before you takel the bosses. or u could take som more in to your party.
and about the hammer guy I usally charm him and make him fight the other bandits until he´s has lost alot of life and then i attack him.
Calsiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:10 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well. You could do this really cheesily, go into the tent cast a fireball (with wand) go back out, go back in again etc. The problem is you only have 3 low level fighters, I might suggest use an invisibility potion on your Dwarf and send him in to the back to get the annoyin archer, get xan to use a wand of fire (he cant use the spell) to weaken the guys at the front while your dwarf takes out the two at the back and imoen can use arrows or short sword, whatever shes most proficient in, to take out some of the front men, although if you use a bow be careful not to get to close to the target.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:08 PM   #4
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Your main problem is indeed low level. You have 3 level 3 characters. If you are going to stay with those three, dont come back until they are all at least level 5. By then you should have better equipment too!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Man with 3 ppl only its amazing youre only level 3... did you do any subquests... get more experience otherwise you dont stand a chance
Old 12-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Rule of Mixed-party fighting #3: Take out the Mage first. This will be difficult for you, since he casts Mirror Image. The natural counter to Mirror Image would be Magic Missile, but of course Xan can't cast that. He can, however, cast Sleep (an absolutely devastating spell in BG1), and can also cast Resist Fear and Horror. If you can incapacitate the Mage and 1 or 2 of the Fighters, you've just evened the odds.

If Imoen has a Potion of Strength and a few Invisibility Potions, Backstabbing should be worthwhile: Nobody in that tent is wearing much in the way of armor. She should be very close to Level 4 right now, which I believe is where Triple Backstab begins to kick in.

But yes, running around with 3 low-level people is just asking for trouble. Get thee some backup, man!
Old 12-16-2003, 03:44 AM   #7
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Right now I got a party of 6 characters with lvl 6/7. I'm still on the road to the bandit camp.

(I am using the DSotSC and the Harder MODs - thats explains the high level, but I would still recommend lvl 5/6 for a normal installation)

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 12-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And be preparted to take some acid damage. IIRC, the archer fires acid arrows, and the mage uses melf's acid arrow.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 05:59 PM   #9
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, point taken. I'm adventuring right now but I just cant seem to find alot of experience... I've done the Gnoll Stronghold which didn't yield that much, right now I'm clearing Gulleykin. I've made a small change to my party too : I've replaced Xan with Dynaheir since I figured the Elf was kind of contradictionary -> he has a kick ass sword so I was using him for Close Combat, but his mage being just gets him killed alot. Did anyone ever take Dynaheir without taking Minsc? I figured 3 adventurers was enough so I just ignored him and went straight by...
Old 12-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Norin:
Ok, point taken. I'm adventuring right now but I just cant seem to find alot of experience... I've done the Gnoll Stronghold which didn't yield that much, right now I'm clearing Gulleykin. I've made a small change to my party too : I've replaced Xan with Dynaheir since I figured the Elf was kind of contradictionary -> he has a kick ass sword so I was using him for Close Combat, but his mage being just gets him killed alot. Did anyone ever take Dynaheir without taking Minsc? I figured 3 adventurers was enough so I just ignored him and went straight by...
I suggest you take Minsc: he's an excellent fighter and if you take a vote (like the sticky in this forum) for fav character, it's more than likely Minsc . He's got a fun attitude and is fun to listen to in BG2 as well.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote