Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default The next Twilight movie *yawn*

Am I allowed to start a "let's bag Twilight and New Moon" thread? It's just that my friends have been talking about the movie non-stop and it is driving me insane. Some of them are going to a midnight screening which includes the first and second movies. I'm not going to bother.

Any bets on how badly they'll do this one?

No offence meant for all those who want to see it.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: The next Twilight movie *yawn*

Be my guest. The first one was so terribad. From what I can see, the hype is mainly maintained by teenage girls wanting to one day fall in love with a ...vampire. I think.

Have you seen the New Moon trailers on youtube? The comments are so insane. There are people calling themselves "Team Taylor" who are all bashing the vampire but doting over the wolf dude. Then there's the opposite end who do the reverse, favoring the vampire. But they get SO into it, even though A) they haven't seen it yet, B) it's just a movie and C) it's not even a good movie! Confuses me.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion

Haven't seen the movies but the books were terrible. Extremely poorly written, repetitive, boring, and the main character is an appalling person. Don't recommend.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Well, don't bother seeing any of the movies. I read the books (yes, despite all my ranting and raving about not reading them, I eventually did), found them to be some of the worst books I had ever read (they're all so clingy! Clingy people don't make for a good storyline!) and then I saw the first movie. The movie was worse. I almost spewed.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Be my guest. The first one was so terribad. From what I can see, the hype is mainly maintained by teenage girls wanting to one day fall in love with a ...vampire. I think.

Have you seen the New Moon trailers on youtube? The comments are so insane. There are people calling themselves "Team Taylor" who are all bashing the vampire but doting over the wolf dude. Then there's the opposite end who do the reverse, favoring the vampire. But they get SO into it, even though A) they haven't seen it yet, B) it's just a movie and C) it's not even a good movie! Confuses me.
Team Taylor? Wat. Afaik, it was Team Jacob and Team Edward. At any rate, they fight over teh characters of the books, mostly... even though the movies apparently fail at being true to said books.

Ugh. The Twilight craze. *shudder*
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I think the actor that plays him is Taylor something, or something Taylor. But yeah, they call themselves both Team Taylor and Team Jacob. The particular web-fight/argument I was reading they were all getting so emotional over it. Like telling people to "get f*cked" and "F*ck you" when they said the vampire was better and cooler. What in gods name is wrong with them?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

His name is Taylor Lautner, and the other guy is Robert Pattinson. I only know because I have the same problem with my friends. They don't call themselves 'teams' though, they just fight over which one they think is better looking. I just look at them both and spew.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

And speaking of how they look, the Pattinson dude looks more like a zombie than a vampire. He should have stuck to Harry Potter - even then he was annoying but at least he wasn't the main character. Is it me or is he cross-eyed or lazy-eyed or something?

Some highlights from the Twilight movie were when he couldn't look at Bella without seemingly having an orgasm and then tries to explain it away by later saying something like "I can read everyone, but I can't read you". Wtf? Is that how you look when you don't understand someone? lol.

Then also, when sunlight hits him and instead of the expected consequences of him being burned, turned to stone or experiencing excruciating pain, his skin becomes all diamondy. Atop this, he then looks at her in shame, almost as if he turned into shit, and says "This is how we really look". Bella, being the non-shallow girl that she is, remarks that he "looks beautiful". What a non-judgemental chick she is!

Do I even need to talk about vampires playing baseball as their chosen sport? Good god.

And these movies are popular??
Old 09-18-2009, 05:06 AM   #9
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Bleargh. They are really lame. Everything we know to be *TRUE* about vampires has been thrown out the window. I'm sticking to Underworld, at least it's more accurate.

And yes, there is something strange about his eyes. I'm not entirely sure what, I don't spend a lot of time looking at him. Try to avoid it at all times, actually. I have better things to do with my time, like string myself from the ceiling by a couple of thumbscrews
Well, maybe not that painful, but I definitely have better things to do with my time.

Last edited by Wolf Rider2; 09-18-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #10
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I went to the movies today and there was a trailer for New Moon. It looks awful. This trailer was worse than the one for Twilight. Just a whole load of really short scenes jumbled together so you can't get any idea of the story.