Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 AM   #31
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: So, What do you think?

I disbelieve that you did all 15 naxx bosses in 3 hours.

But yes it is a bit easy.

But I have been having fun. It is still fun, even though I'm still touting a lot of T6. I'm doing 2nd on damage meters in 10 man with my gimp T6 level gear.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #32
Lavindathar
Harper

Afraid so mate.

Naxx 25 was done in just over 3hrs. I think we killed KT at 13mins past 9, so 3hrs 13mins.

Not one wipe, and I think only about 4 deaths throughout the whole thing for raid members. Unfortunately, i was one of the 4 who died once

But, maybe its not too easy afterall. Last night we two shotted Malygos, so that took us 10mins.

Then, we wiped for just under 4hrs on Satharion + 3 drakes left alive. that is NOT easy.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

So you're basically done now Lavi? Beaten the game? Looks like they overcompensated for making Sunwell too hard by making Wotlk too easy.

I'm about to ding 77...due to work I've only been able to play a few hours a night. We have about 15 80s in our guild already, another hundred or so will ding within the next couple of weeks. Then we'll start raiding, which suits me as I'll be on holidays the next couple of weeks.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #34
Lavindathar
Harper

Well, we still haven't killed Satharion with 3 adds up.

We've done it with 1 add up on 10 and 25 man, so thats the goal now. But pretty much all done.

My gear is at the stage where only 25man gear is good enough, its better than all the 10man raid stuff. Oh well.

Tonight we did 10man nax, 3hrs 47 minutes. But we wiped 4 times on KT. It's quite hard with only 2 healers Frost tomb pwns.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #35
Zink Whistlefly

I'm back from my travels now and have finally got around to playing WoTLK! It was so annoying not being able to play at or around launch day

I decided to start leveling a DK as I like the idea of a plate wearing, 2H melee/magic damage tank hybrid class.

I'll probably pick up my Rogue and Druid again when I've seen some end-game content with this chap, but from what I've seen so far with the DK I really enjoy the class. Only 63 at the moment, but leveling is going quickly now that I have my Mining skill up to about 325 (I was good seeing all the old areas again, running around finding tin and copper veins, but that took ages! ). I wanted to be able to gather all the Fel Iron whilst I was questing in Outland.

Anyone else running with a DK at the moment? Mem I know you said you were - have you got an armory link to yours? Mine's here: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ius&n=Gorvenus. I decided to go with frost for some good AoE DPS, and it seems that there is still no downtime, despite lacking the self healing of blood (Death Strike with the inscription combined with Blood Presence seems to give me all the self healing I need so far...). I love the burst damage you can get with Howling Blast and Frost Strike - critting around 2.2k at around level 60 when Cinderglacier procs seems a bit insane
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's mine, unholy at the moment. I haven't levelled him as I'm 2 bars away from 80 on my rogue. Doing the same as you - I'm basically trying to get his herbalism up so that I can start doing the Outland nodes when I quest. Have you tried tanking with that spec?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7jin&n=Skauras

Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #37
Lavindathar
Harper

Got Satharion with 2 drakes tonight on heroic, so that leaves Satharion with 3 drakes as the only thing left.

We wiped on that since thursday, tis quite tricky.

But after practicing on 3 for 3 days, tried 2 drakes tonight and it was a one shot.

Next week we get 3
Old 12-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Kak, at what point did you start getting +hit on your gear? At 78 I've replaced about half my T4-T6 epics with blues but they're all +haste or +ap. My hit is down from 300 to about 179.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 AM   #39
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Here's mine, unholy at the moment. I haven't levelled him as I'm 2 bars away from 80 on my rogue. Doing the same as you - I'm basically trying to get his herbalism up so that I can start doing the Outland nodes when I quest. Have you tried tanking with that spec?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7jin&n=Skauras
I've tanked ramparts and BF so far in HFP. So far AoE threat has been very good (as a former feral druid, keeping agro with packs of mobs required spamming swipe and using tab lacerates to keep the threat up - with this DK I spread frost fever, hit howling blast and lay down a death and decay when the runes are up and everything sticks like glue!), but I do need more avoidance (which will obviously come as I level up and gain better gear). We ran both with 3 DK, 1 Ret Pally and a priest and we absolutely tore the place apart!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:56 AM   #40
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Kak, at what point did you start getting +hit on your gear? At 78 I've replaced about half my T4-T6 epics with blues but they're all +haste or +ap. My hit is down from 300 to about 179.
I got some of the +hit gears from running heroics and getting exalted with argent crusade for the epic boot. If you have Altasloot Enchance you can check which instance drop them.

But you shouldn't worried about hit. According to what I've read you'll need at least 132 hit (with 5/5 precision) for the specials hit cap and you are all set.

What I'm more worried about is that's a rogue dps couldn't match the other classes dps. Last night we went 10 man naxx and although I top the chart in all bosses ( we attempt 4 bosses) . The mage in 2nd wasn't far off and he's only got 2 ~ 3 epics while I'm loaded with them. I fear once he's fully epic he'll easily out dps/damage me.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote