Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 04:44 PM   #41
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
I was quite looking forward to this dual purchase, as was my sib, but the reference to 'Atlas Shrugged' has acted as a major dampener to our enthusiasm. Books by Anne Rand! Whatever next!!

(Actually, the Fountainhead was like the curate's egg, good in parts. Good on following your bliss at all costs... and quite a bit of other good stuff too, actually, although she's a bit dodgy on cause and effect. Atlas Shrugged was so boring that I gave up a quarter of the way through. Much more rabid than The Fountainhead also, and far worse written.......)

*Quickly grabs the copy of Atlas Shrugged, rips it to shreads, and burns it*
Old 10-05-2001, 04:46 PM   #42
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Wow - I bid 4 haggis, a malt whisky of your choice and a personally sung ditty (ask Cloudy) for the (almost) matching pair!!!

P.S. Get your pictures on Stealthy's Site NOW!!!

Piccies hmmm.... gotta find one that's current - then gotta beg use of scanner...... all too much fag.... can we be arsed. ...... oh all right then.... in the fullness of time...

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-05-2001, 04:49 PM   #43
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
so, give us a description of yourself too. it's nice to know these things because we only have text to work with.

No, this forum has a photo album, at Stealthy's site. Many of the members have pics displayed there.

Old 10-05-2001, 04:53 PM   #44
Absynthe

Quote:
Wow - I bid 4 haggis, a malt whisky of your choice and a personally sung ditty (ask Cloudy) for the (almost) matching pair!!!

P.S. Get your pictures on Stealthy's Site NOW!!!

Diogenes, quickly man, we're being outbid! I think the haggis may have been a mis-step, but that malt whiskey could be our downfall. (BTW, good work on the book, quick thinking, that)
I would like to up the ante with two pair of matching green wellies, individually sized front and rear.
(Lets see the rodent top that!)

Old 10-05-2001, 04:54 PM   #45
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

[quote]Originally posted by Absynthe:
[B]
Quote:
I was once told by a writing prof that you learn more from reading bad writers than you do from reading good ones.

The ultimate in bad writers - E.E.Doc Smith - the blue print for space operas, North America rules the known universe 'Holy Klono, Virge!' hysterical. I know them off by heart, every one. Triplanetary, First Lensman, Galactic Patrol, Grey Lensmen, Second Stage Lensman, Children of the Lens, Masters of the Vortex. The sad and frightening thing is, I didn't have to look anything up to do that. I know the order off by heart as well as the contents. Go read them, you will roll around and about laughing. There is a batman and robin element, also.

Has anyone got the Enclopedia of Science Fiction or the Encyclopedia of Science Fantasy, by the way. I've got them both, I've got them both. (Triumphant and *very* pleased with self...)

------------------

Old 10-05-2001, 04:56 PM   #46
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:

Diogenes, quickly man, we're being outbid! I think the haggis may have been a mis-step, but that malt whiskey could be our downfall. (BTW, good work on the book, quick thinking, that)
I would like to up the ante with two pair of matching green wellies, individually sized front and rear.

Cheetah NOT like haggis, nor Fljotsdale either. Nor nasty whisky, what is sperm of the devil, (have you ever had that blinding flash that inhibitions might be there for a reason.... )

Cheetah VERY tempted by wellies (gazes wistfully at imaginary wellies.) I loves wellies, I does.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 05:00 PM   #47
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:

*Thinks about what Fljotsdale might want and bids a family of bears.*

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 05:03 PM   #48
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Cheetah NOT like haggis, not Fljotsdale either. Nor whisky, which is sperm of the devil, (have you ever had that blinding flash that inhibitions might be there for a reason.... )

All right - I've just got to ask - How the hell are you even vaguely familiar with the generative emissions of The Great Deceiver

Oh, and btw, inhibitions are only there to be overcome......

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 05:07 PM   #49
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
All right - I've just got to ask - How the hell are you even vaguely familiar with the generative emissions of The Great Deceiver

Oh, and btw, inhibitions are only there to be overcome......

He seemed rather nice, if a tad chilly round the nether regions....

------------------

Old 10-05-2001, 05:08 PM   #50
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:

ROTFLMAO