Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I load the patch and the next thing I know, my hireling is 10 levels lower and can't use any of her equipped items! WTF! I am right at the end of the game and now I have to go back and fart around getting her to level up again! You also cant make regen potions out of health/mana without a chipped gem now. I really wish I hadn't loaded it up at all. What possible benefits are there to it?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, its stops people from hacking so much, like in 09. Also, the stuff you were wearing was prolly bugged, which is why it disappeared. dont know about the merc, but hey, that happens, lol.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Oh, the items didn't disappear. They're all legit. The hireling just can't use them anymore because her level/strength/dexterity is no longer sufficient. Her experience points are the same as before the patch. It's just that the experience points make her a lower level than before. That reduces the stat points distributed between her srength and dexterity.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ah, I see. Well, in that case, I posted in your other topic, that "hack" shouold take care of everything.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Never heard of such thing, my 1.09 rogue mercernary is still the same albeit the life is much higher in 1.10.

I like the new patch, Now I can easily get uniques ( unique drops have been enchanced ) and now I can upgrade unique. Upgraded Shaftop, Upgraded Titan....
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I didn't have any patches installed yet. I had a straight CD installation. I do miss not being able to create full rejuv potions so easily as before. They are sooooo handy when fighting bosses. Now I have to run back to old levels to collect chipped gems. IMHO they should have added the chipped gem to the full rejuv recipe, not the rejuv recipe. Now I have potions up the wazoo with no use unless I find chipped gems.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:01 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

3 rejuv pot = 1 full rejuv pot.

At least that's what I always do to create mine.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:45 AM   #8
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

As a note of interest:

In one version of LoD and Diablo II regularrr, the item drop/magic find code had a bug where if your collective magic find percentage bonus fell within a certain range, you would always pick up magical items, but never, ever pick up a single rare or unique...That bug has since been fixed, the number did something in the game's math compilers which sorta tricked out the drop/find setup to do things it normally wouldn't...
Old 10-02-2004, 08:16 PM   #9
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Aren't Regeneration Potions almost the easiest thing in the game to find? I mean, I think I found like 9 of them clearing the Arcane Sanctuary alone.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:21 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Not really, it depend on your luck. Sometimes it never drops when you really need one.