Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-13-2003, 04:47 AM   #1
Zbyszek

I have in fact two questions:
is it possible to detect traps on "ice" doors on glacier? I could detect traps on three of four doors only and I could not on doors leading to this "home" spider and main pass with this fat queen.
My second question concerns queen: she did not move but was able to cast that fire bolt on my character even when it fled to the opposite part of area. Bolt went through all walls ets. What the hell is this: super-duper satellite targeting system? (preventing attacing her with magic, since she was able to attack my casters even when I did not see her (and she did not see me) and casted area affecting spells.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:49 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
I have in fact two questions:
is it possible to detect traps on "ice" doors on glacier? I could detect traps on three of four doors only and I could not on doors leading to this "home" spider and main pass with this fat queen.
I believe my walkthrough said something along the lines of "you can't deactivate those traps", so they're most likely unavoidable... But they didn't really hurt that much, IIRC.

Quote:
My second question concerns queen: she did not move but was able to cast that fire bolt on my character even when it fled to the opposite part of area. Bolt went through all walls ets. What the hell is this: super-duper satellite targeting system? (preventing attacing her with magic, since she was able to attack my casters even when I did not see her (and she did not see me) and casted area affecting spells.
Not sure about the bolt flying through all the walls, probably just an illusion... But it's possible that her range is a lot wider, that she's able to target you even if you could not target her.

[ 01-14-2003, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 01-14-2003, 07:01 AM   #3
Zbyszek

She was able to target my spellcaster even if he was at the furthest end of map and the bolt went strigth way - as if there were no walls.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 09:56 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
She was able to target my spellcaster even if he was at the furthest end of map and the bolt went strigth way - as if there were no walls.
Are you sure it was *her* bolt that hit you, and not one of the trapped doors which automatically trigger bolts being fired in your direction? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yes, the Remorhaz Queen's ranged attack range is limitless. So just go toe to toe with her as soon as you see her. She's not that tough IMHO, and with a bit of luck she'll do less damage in melee than she would from a distance.

And about those traps, they're plain Ice Dagger or Ice Lance spells (I forget which, but I'm fairly certain it's Ice Dagger), so just have a character who has either high cold resistance or high spell resistance open those doors, and you'll probably take no damage at all. Rogues or Monks with Improved Evasion work well too, if you somehow manage to get to a high enough level at that point.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote