Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-31-2002, 05:01 AM   #1
xilt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

does anyone remember a house in north west part of bg city (near helm&cloak inn)? it is full of these invisible creatures and doomguards (or battle horrors? - not sure now). nothing caused such a trouble like this house.

my last party made some 30 tries to kill them. now i'm playing the game again, my party is carefully tuned up with magical items, well equipped and boosted with spells. but my main char = 7th lvl fighter (18/00,19,19...ac-7, thaco7, hp108) survives little longer than first of the doomguards.

i am slowly getting obsessed with this house. how did you make it?
xilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 06:43 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I did this two days ago with a party of six, me (ranger), Minsc, Dynahier, Jahiera, Khalid and Imoen (dualled to a mage) all around 100,000xp.
I can't remember doing anything special apart from giving every fighter haste potions and potions of heroism - a must for any harder than normal fight IMO.
Also use wands of frost but I think the haste potions are the things that turned the tide on this occasion.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:41 AM   #3
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have a party in BG city currently and will fianlly be getting around to all the stuff to do there that I passed over the first time i played the game all the way through. I look forward to this one, sounds great!

I would think that if you have Viconia at a high enough level she might actually be able to take control of a few of them. Some forms of high level undead are immune to magic but I'm not sure if they can resist a high level cleric using TU. Evil clerics can actually assume control of undead creatures (after a certain level).

Doesn't fire tend to do considerable damage against undead creatures? If you get stumped using the more traditional (and satisfying) approaches where you're slugging it out, you might try having a hasted and otherwise potion- and spell-buffed cleric cast Protection from Fire herself, then have her cast Sanctuary or cast Greater Invisibility on her, and waltz into the place with a dozen Potions of Explosions which you could unleash in rapid succession by pausing quickly. that might take out a number of them out. I would make it a cleric so that you can at least have her attempt to Turn Undead if the surviving Battle Horrors reach her before your party charges in to help.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:55 AM   #4
Zbyszek

If I remember well Wand of Heaven worked well.
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wizard inside will give you quest. If you return and talk with him again he will summon second buch of his servants again, so... dont talk with him to much [img]smile.gif[/img]
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 03:44 AM   #5
xilt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanx for your ideas. so far i used my sword, it is time to start to use spells. cleric in my party is branwen, it seems to be her turn.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:37 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

This is IMHO the hardest fight that I can remember from the last time I played through....along with the Wardens (Love, Hate..etc from Durlags).

In my latest game I have just reached BG city, and am currently doing every quest on every screen....so I'll get around to this beast soon!!

Just make sure u cast the following as early in the fight as u can!(depending on level [img]smile.gif[/img]
::I've probs forgot some, as this is my last post of the nite (It's 00.30 am)...so i'm going bed now.

Haste
Chant
Defensive Harmony
Strength
Protection from Fear

Old 02-04-2002, 04:38 AM   #7
xilt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

this time it was ok. i casted protection from fire on my fighter, let the creatures surround him and then threw three potions of explosion just under his legs. several magic missiles finished it then. healing was long, but no reloading was necessary.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

I just faught it again, and it only took 2 attempts.

My party was - Jaheria Lv5 (both)
Khalid - 6
Kivan - 6
Minsc - 6
Dynaheir - 6
Me (THEIF) - 7

Did it very easily, cast haste, bless, protection from evil, stone giant on Khalid, potion of invunerability on Minsc. And i leathered em.

Old 02-06-2002, 07:48 AM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

What does mean IMO and IMHO?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 12:52 PM   #10
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

IMO = in my opinion

IMHO = in my humble opinion

IMNSHO = in my not-so-humble opinion

Other common acronyms:

IIRC = if I recall correctly

AFAIK = as far as I know

BTW = by the way