Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

mmorpg and ArenaNet are having a free give away of 30 Free Beta weekend Passes on feb 3rd so go to the url below and sign up now. you can enter once a day from now to feb 1st when they have the drawing.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gw_promo.cfm?f...024,2228358141
Old 01-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Not so great a deal considering you can buy a preorder that come with a beta pass for 9$ CAN.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Free is Free. If you get a free pass and find you don't happen to like the game your not out a dime.
Myself I prepaid the whole $49.95 and paid for the game in advance because I got a free beta weekend in December and decided I wanted to buy the game. Now all I have to do is go to Game Stop down the street and pick up the whole game when it arives. The pre order is free here in the states you just have to put down a $5.00 deposit on the main game to get one.
But to be able to get a free Beta Pass people can play the game in advance to see if they feel they want to buy the whole game like I did.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Free is Free. If you get a free pass and find you don't happen to like the game your not out a dime.
Myself I prepaid the whole $49.95 and paid for the game in advance because I got a free beta weekend in December and decided I wanted to buy the game. Now all I have to do is go to Game Stop down the street and pick up the whole game when it arives. The pre order is free here in the states you just have to put down a $5.00 deposit on the main game to get one.
But to be able to get a free Beta Pass people can play the game in advance to see if they feel they want to buy the whole game like I did.
Well it's free here too, they'll remove the 10$ from the price of the full game when it come out.

I still think making a contest for 30 free passes when the passes are already free and easily available is cheap...

[ 01-23-2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The Idea of a free beta weekend pass is that if you play the "closed" weekend Beta and don't like the game it didn't cost you anything.

This last Closed Beta weekend is not a free to everyone weekend and is not easily available.
There are only 30 free one weekend passes left.
This free pass will not work after the Feburary Beta is over.
So far in the past year Guild Wars have given out more than 500,000 free single weekend passes and these are the last 30 left anywhere so I would'nt call it Cheep because these passes come form 30 members of the mmorpg Guild that have donated their free guest pass that comes with the pre-order packages that each of the 30 members bought and not from the Makers of Guild Wars.
The makers of Guild Wars have closed the Beta weekend so that only people that have the pre-order package and their guests may play. I wouldn't call this cheep. I call it Gamers helping Gamers, and there more than 40,000 gamers that have entered the contest to try for one of the 30 passes.

[ 01-25-2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

What I'm saying is that the preordered packages are still available.

Just at my local shop there must be 10 of them, if not more.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:12 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Go Buy one Luvian your going to love this game.
If you play WOW you will hear people complaining that they were asked to help someone on a quest. Then when the quest is over the one that asked for help will take all of the prize and treasures.
In Guild Wars everything you fight has a treasure of some kind and if your in a group or with only one other person the game splits everything egually. After a monster dies it drops its treasure and the game will alternate who can pick it up. If you try to pick something up it will say this armor is for your cleric only and you can't pick this item up. The next monster that is killed, even if the cleric kills it, will say this Bow is for crimson and the cleric may not pick it up. This way you can't be cheated, the game won't let anyone screw anybody. Everything is divided Equil that way you don't have to worry about sneeky lieing players screwing you out of your fair share. I really love this game and I really think you will too.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:02 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

We have looting rules like that in wow too.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:01 AM   #9
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

yeah but in Guild Wars the only one that can pick up the treasure is the one it belongs to. There is no possiable way for anybody else to pick up your treasure. After you pick it up you can give it away but if the treasure is yours nobody can even touch it no mater how hard they try until you pick it up and give it to them. The same goes if the treasure is for somebody else other than you. You can't pick it up in any way shape or form, the game just won't let you. Each treasure that is dropped during Team play or group play after a monster or bad guy is killed is set, so that everything is divided equally between team members or group mmembers in the free for all areas. Except gold anybody can pick up any pile of gold and automatically it is divided equally between the team or group no mater which one of you pick it up. Then a message will say the team has just picked up 20 gold and when you look at the spot on your screen where you keep count of your gold you will see you portion has been added to your total
Old 01-31-2005, 04:12 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
yeah but in Guild Wars the only one that can pick up the treasure is the one it belongs to. There is no possiable way for anybody else to pick up your treasure. After you pick it up you can give it away but if the treasure is yours nobody can even touch it no mater how hard they try until you pick it up and give it to them. The same goes if the treasure is for somebody else other than you. You can't pick it up in any way shape or form, the game just won't let you. Each treasure that is dropped during Team play or group play after a monster or bad guy is killed is set, so that everything is divided equally between team members or group mmembers in the free for all areas. Except gold anybody can pick up any pile of gold and automatically it is divided equally between the team or group no mater which one of you pick it up. Then a message will say the team has just picked up 20 gold and when you look at the spot on your screen where you keep count of your gold you will see you portion has been added to your total
It's the exact same thing in WOW.