Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #51
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

First game on Was Dragon Warrior on NES such a fun game the first rpg game I played then i started final fatasy games.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 PM   #52
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Streetfighter 2, Chaos Engine, Test Drive, Lotus Challenge 2, Soccer Kid, Fire and Ice.

I have no idea which one I played first, but I know they were all on the Amiga.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:13 AM   #53
One against many
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my first game was mario on the Nes but the first game i really enjoyed was dune2 (man i love that game) on PC
Old 02-05-2004, 05:37 PM   #54
Tancred
White Dragon

The first game I played was on my old ZX Spectrum 128 (quite an advanced model, really...). As I never really bought games, everything I had was from the front cover of the magazine Computer and Video Games. And once, they gave away a little game called 'Chaos'. Imagine - a black screen, with eight little icons representing Wizards. You controlled one, and you had a random selection of spells you could cast - about 50. These ranged from attacks to summonings to illusions to creating weapons, etc, etc - once you used a spell, it was gone. The aim of the game? Be last Wizard standing. Imagine a kind of primitive wizardly Worms, and you get the idea.

The tactics were actually quite impressive; I remember using a combination of a Wall and a Gooey Blob to take down a Gold Dragon, for example. Chaos rocked! I was, I think, about seven.

After that came Star Fighter 2, which I played for hours until I became really really good, and The Wild Bunch. They gave away some timeless games on the front cover of C&VGames. I would pick up my star-fighter experience when playing Wing Commander on my Amiga.

[ 02-05-2004, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 02-06-2004, 12:48 PM   #55
Spirits forever

Mine were.....Mario world and Mystic Quest....coincedently mystic quest happens t be the only final fantasy that i have ever beaten...

Old 02-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #56
Niadh
Elminster

I played a few games like sonic and stuff, but the first game that really drew me in was good old Shing Force 2. I loved that game, my first RPG ever.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #57
B_part
Quintesson

Space invaders, I guess, on an old 286. Soon followed by Arkanoid.

Ah the old days, when 16 colors was a wonder... I don't miss them.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:38 AM   #58
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
Mine were.....Mario world and Mystic Quest....coincedently mystic quest happens t be the only final fantasy that i have ever beaten...
Really you never beat that game..... its so easy it can be done in one day. Unless you just stoped playing it which is understandable