Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > The Great Escape Studios > 3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions

Old 11-21-2004, 03:10 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

One day I was wondering what the members' favourite images are. Any sorts of paintings, drawings, photos will do. [img]smile.gif[/img]

While I had initially planned to post this topic into General Discussion and then Books, I thought this topic would best fit into this section of the forum, since most images can be defined as art.

I myself have two pictures to show.

The first would be a frontpiece of the manga of Hellsing, a manga made by Kouta Hirano, which I fount in the net. There isn't much to say about it apart from that it interprets a vampire showing its power. It has been my wallpaper for a very long time and it just looks so grandiose that I love it. Despite that, it is but one of many Kouta Hirano's breath-taking drawings. I haven't had the pleasure of reading the manga myself, but I hope to be able to read it soon.

The drawing is so huge that I'd prefer to link to it, rather than make the topic's size inproportionate. Click here to see the drawing, or here to see a few other images of Hellsing.

The other one is a painting made by an Estonian, so none of you guys probably know anything of it. It is Eduard Wiiralt's "Põrgu"("Hell" in English), made in 1930. It depicts different sorts of monstrosities that inhabit Hell(in the author's vision). Not only does the painting have a stunning amount of detail with its variety of abominations(some of which are very steampunkish to boot), but it also has quite a horrifying feel to it.

It is unfortunate that I cannot find a wallpaper sized version of the painting anywhere on the net. However I have found a 440x369 version, which will have to do. So you could see that a full-sized version of the painting would be awesome.

Thanks for participating. [img]smile.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

My favourite image at the moment would have to be one of these three:

An amazing space/terragen collaboration by two people on deviantART The picture is three megs, so to see a smaller version: here

An awesome picture of a wizard

Dragon skin wallpaper by Ironworks Stormymystic

And then I love the photo in my sig, which my brother made in Switzerland.

[ 11-21-2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #3
Spirits forever

hmm what do i like..eh..well lemme see, if you want classic stuff i'll have to say kathe kallwitz, and heres a pic of the drawing i like

she's also a person who worked in charcoal,and i aim to somthing like that ^^, it's awesome
and after that it'd have to be

that's Degas's work, he's also another great painter/artist,

whee, Spirits like classic drawings

[ 11-21-2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Spirits forever ]