Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-05-2001, 03:36 PM   #1
jsolo15
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I main Char is a Paladin

What is the best armor for him !

Rite now I have him with a Full Plate Armor and a +2 Ring of
AC ! Make his AC -3

Before I got the Holy Two handed sword after the Red Dragon battle
he had the Tower Shield +3 I think it was the had his AC -7 !

What is the BEst Armor for him to have whilee holding a Two handed
sword?

Jsolo
Old 10-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #2
Byronas

When you killed Red dragon you should have found some red dragon scales. With these scales you can made an armour (the best in Shadows of Amn). You can make this armour at Cromwel

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-05-2001, 03:49 PM   #3
jsolo15
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes I have the Red Dragon Scale that is it better then the Wish
Armor ! I made a mistake and wrote the Spell to my mage and she can't use it yet!!

Sad HA!

Jsolo

Does the Red Scale armor allow you to use magical items with it !
Thats one reason i haven't upgraded to Full plate Armor +1 on my character!

[This message has been edited by jsolo15 (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 03:54 PM   #4
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Oh, I was going to post the same message too.
Paladin here.
I wear Red dragon scales! IT is so cool, not considered magical, you can also wear another extra magical item or cloak. Other good armors are Drow full plate, Gorgon Plate.
-9 was my AC when I slipped on Drow Full Plate, -7 for Red Dragon Full Plate, -6 for Gorgon Plate.
BUt I think Red Dragon scales rule, 50% magic resistance bonus.
Old 10-05-2001, 03:55 PM   #5
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

well, I like the armor (forget the name) with -2 ac, and adds +1 dex! its great!
Old 10-05-2001, 04:03 PM   #6
jsolo15
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you guys are the Bomb !!

I will be starting Chapter 4 tonite So i will keep u
D. Masters updated!!!

Jsolo

A lonely Paladin fighting for good!!!
Old 10-05-2001, 06:55 PM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob:
well, I like the armor (forget the name) with -2 ac, and adds +1 dex! its great!
thats in ToB, not SoA... so i dont think he's gotten there yet.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-05-2001, 07:01 PM   #8
Tuor
Elminster

A few pointers.

Red Dragon plate -1 AC +50 per cent FIRE RESISTANCE not magic resistance (You get the magic resistance from the two handed paladin sword Carsomyr you find with the red dragon scales)

Armour of the Hart is AC-2 and the best protective armour in the game. (I think)-apart from Drow plate and you can't keep that.

You can combine it with the ring of Gaxx +2 AC, the ring of Earth Elemental control +1 AC, the cloak of the sewers +1 AC and 18 dex to give you a grand total of -10AC.

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff around, that was without putting too much thought into the question. Your AC gets a lot better with shields-down to -14/15 without too much trouble.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:09 PM   #9
jsolo15
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WOW Thanks

I haven't bought TOB yet but i will this weekend and upgrading it

Sounds like alot of kwel armor

IS the armor of Hart in SOA?

Thanks
Jsolo
Old 10-05-2001, 07:11 PM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

sure is, you get it in SPOILER...
the Underdark at a shrine to Demogorgon

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart