Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
silverbuttface
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Has anyone ever gotten anything decent or rare from stealing from a person, not from a market?
i usually just get crap or a bunch of commoners that want to kill me(and a click on the load button)
silverbuttface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:11 PM   #2
Chainy The Cold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Steal from Ribald in the adventurerers mart to get a ring of regeneration... thats the only one that comes to mind. what u can do is save it when you enter somewhere anywhere and kill everyone and see what they have, then load it up and pick pocket from the person that has good stuff...
Old 04-10-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

BG1: Pickpocketed a 60-pound corpse of a child from a priestess, as well as a few Scalps right off of people's heads. Nobody noticed.

BG2: Pickpocketed the heads of 2 people, then went on to have meaningful conversations with them. I found this amusing.

Of course, the Ring of Regeneration is THE most important pickpocket anywhere. I can't tell you how much I missed that thing when I roleplayed my Good party, who wouldn't steal anything (except from thieves). 2nd best was the best random draw I've ever seen: A suit of Full Plate Mail, off of an Amnish Soldier--the one at the edge of the crater in Waukeen's Promenade! I think he was the very first person I pickpocketed that game, and he gave me Full Plate! SWEET! Korgan was wearing that thing all the way to the Underdark.

(I've never before pickpocketed armor--of any kind. I guess the random number generator says that once every gazillion times, somebody will have a spare set of armor in their backpack.)
Old 04-10-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

P.S. It's best not to try and pickpocket until your Thief (or Bard) has close to 100%. When robbing people on the street, the coumputer usually rolls a d100 to see if you were successful or not, although some people tend to be more watchful (High-level characters, or forces of the law, for example). For those people, 120% should be safe. For shops, you want at least 200%, but don't go above 250%, or you'll get caught every time. (I *think* 250 is the magic number.....)
Old 04-11-2002, 12:14 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can also pickpocket Tolgerias for a Ring of the Ram. He resides in the Government District, in the Council of Six building. Later on, when you do the Planar Sphere quest, you can kick his booty for a second Ring of the Ram. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It must be noted also, that the Amish Soldiers and the named inspectors in the Council of Six building, have Greater Healing Potions, so if you want a good supply of Greater Healing Potions, make it a point to visit here.

You can also pickpocket Kangaxx for a Ring of Gaxx. This assumes that you do not have any patches that will disable this. When you 'summon' Kangaxx, immediately pause the game and get your Thief( who should have been positioned at the spawning spot prior to the 'summoning') to pickpocket Kangaxx. You have to do this while he is still neutral, so quick and precise timing is needed.

Noble ladies and Amish Soldiers tend to have scrolls on them, in addition to gold/gem(s). Nalia's aunt in particular, has some pretty nifty scrolls, if you can get the hag to stand still long enough for you to pickpocket her that is.

Beggars( you EVIL person! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), children and males, tend to only have gold or gem(s).

Heh... enough information for you to have a head-start on your career of pickpocketing? There are several more, but those involve bugs rather than logic.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 10:22 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Dundee: Who says 2 Rings of the Ram is the limit? I didn't like his tone, so I pickpocketed him and got a nice Ring. Not bad. Then I gave him Valygar's body (after I didn't need it anymore), and was rewarded with a nice Ring. Okay..... Then I performed the irony of killing him with his own Rings (funny to watch him flying away like that) and looted him for--gosh, what a surprise. I bet he's got a whole warehouse full of these Rings at home, like the innkeeper in the Umar Hills.

Pickpocketing: Boots of Speed on your Thief. Yee-ha!