Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-15-2003, 11:13 PM   #21
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Ferrets are great! I have had a couple and they are wonderful. They can be independant like cats (as well as litter-box trained) but can also be as playful and affectionate as dogs. They don't smell as much as some people would have you believe. When I can afford it, I will be getting two (so they can play together).

[ 07-15-2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Arnabas ]
Old 07-16-2003, 02:12 PM   #22
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Actually the pot-bellied pig is one of the most sensible choices around here.

The allergy-thing shouldn't be a problem, and these lovable black creatures are readily trainable. They are pigs, so they eat almost anything with relish. They develop personal bonds quite well.

The only problem I can see is that you need to devote quite a bit of your garden to them as they would otherwise be levelling all your flowerbeds.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #23
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Get yourself a pot belly pig! You can train them to use a litter box like a cat. They are smarter than dogs and you can feed them just about anything.
And if you ever get tired of it you can have a pig roast! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 02:34 PM   #24
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

get a Tiger tbh [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 10:44 AM   #25
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
You know, there are actually some cats that wouldn't be a problem allergically. Either a cornish rex or devon rex (can't remember which) doesn't produce dander, which is usually the cause of allergic reactions. My cousins in England have one, and even though one of them is quite allergic, they have no problems whatsoever. Check 'em out...they're cool cats. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT -> And since you asked, I have 2 dogs (1 golden retriever, 1 quarter-wolf quarter rottweiler half-german shepherd,) 3 cats and about 10 fish.
thx for the awesome replies dudes!im interesting with true mooses'.where can i find informations about those cats?/FONT>

--------------------
Old 07-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #26
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
You know, there are actually some cats that wouldn't be a problem allergically. Either a cornish rex or devon rex (can't remember which) doesn't produce dander, which is usually the cause of allergic reactions. My cousins in England have one, and even though one of them is quite allergic, they have no problems whatsoever. Check 'em out...they're cool cats. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT -> And since you asked, I have 2 dogs (1 golden retriever, 1 quarter-wolf quarter rottweiler half-german shepherd,) 3 cats and about 10 fish.
thx for the awesome replies dudes!im interesting with true mooses'.where can i find informations about those cats?/FONT>

--------------------
[/QUOTE]All cats have dander- the proteins from their saliva can cause a problem. Make sure your brother has been tested and has the allergy medicine first so as not to add to the overpopulation of unwanted pets in the world
Choc would approve!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:05 PM   #27
BaRoN NiGhT

so how could u explain that true mooses cousins cat doesn't harm him/her?

--------------------
Old 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM   #28
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Different people - different levels of allergies - different cats

My boyfriend is not allergic to dogs - Cats yes but not dogs. Yet one of my dogs makes him sneeze. Am I going to get rid of my dog? NO! Get rid of my boyfriend? NO! But Most people will get rid of the pet! Allergies are not an exact science - I am just saying pets aren't disposable if they become unwanted like your pacifiers and bottles. Not that you would be like that - but your mom might not want you to torture your brother.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:21 PM   #29
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Check out this page. It turns out that the problems still exist, except they are very minimal. How allergic is your sibling? If it's really bad, you'll probably be stuck with a reptile, but if it's moderate, get a cat like that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT => That's the cornish rex. There is also such a thing as a Devon Rex. That's what my cousin has. Click here for more info.

[ 07-19-2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 07-20-2003, 11:03 AM   #30
BaRoN NiGhT

wow!thx, i'll be chekin' on it right away.

-------------------