Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #41
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Cyril, There are of course situations where it can be intentionally misleading (blade-kit bards make a living looking much more dangerous than they would ever actually be in a real fight, and the converse is also true for some other character and monster types.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #42
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Right, Morg, that's why I insisted this is not an absolutely reliable form of information. But the fact that a character can be mislead implies that in most situations it is at least generally reliable. The Joseph character in this series of games would be another example of one whose stock in trade consists in manipulating what are otherwise reliable perceptions to his own advantage.

In the current game situation between the two groups of characters, however, such intentional deceit is present to a certain degree only in the case of TAO's character who is deliberately maintaining her wolf form. Yevaud's magical abilities while not deliberately concealed here, are also not necessarily readily apparent. There is no good reason to believe, however, that with regard to the other characters we need to RP as if they are unable to form a fairly reliable general impression of one another. In fact, even with regard to TAO's character it is quite possible for one to note the curiously more than wolf-like intelligence and awareness she has been manifesting and thus have reason to believe that there is more than a simple wolf present without knowing precisely what one is dealing with.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:24 AM   #43
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I just thought I'd write this since I haven't mentioned it before. In my posts Xaver uses bold for what he says and italics for his thoughts.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #44
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
I just thought I'd write this since I haven't mentioned it before. In my posts Xaver uses bold for what he says and italics for his thoughts.
My suggestion would be to not use the quotation marks when you are thinking. Its not commonly used in literature from what I have seen, and would only confuse a reader.

[ 02-27-2007, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #45
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
I use much the same format, however, I do use quote for speach, it ensures less chance for misunderstanding between inner monologue and dialog.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #46
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Guys and Gals...do us a favor and keep a watch on this thread for me. New Player Solicit. It is located in the General Discussions forum. I would like to find new people to get involved in games here on IW, and this is my fishing hook.

Ideally, I'd like to have a new gamer that is willing to learn and has no preconceived biases on how things should be done. Maybe you guys can help me keep a watch out for a new player for us.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #47
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
My suggestion would be to not use the quotation marks when you are thinking. Its not commonly used in literature from what I have seen, and would only confuse a reader. [/QUOTE]OK, will do so.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #48
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ZFR and Kazilan, feel free to put a post together describing your character's course of action and manner of proceeding. Once those are up, I'll have something to work with in terms of giving you guys some information.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #49
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:

She pads silently over to him. She bumps his leg with her head, then looks quickly towards the gate then up at him, hoping he gets the message she would like him to lead the group in...
Whose leg did TAO bump?

And one more thing... are there scattered farms around outside the town, which Pandaros meant?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #50
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, it appears that Tao was referring to Xaver's leg. You can oblige her or shoo her off and go on your way as you see fit.

As for the layout of Lockesville, yes there are several farms outside the city gates. The gates hold the businesses that are town-related and all of the farms are on the outside of those gates. Since this is a farming town, their dependency on those farms is high.

FYI for Pandaros and Xaver on RP: I thought you two would like to know for RP sake between the two of you that Xaver has a higher Charisma score, but Pandaros has a bit higher score in Intellegence. Of course, Xaver's Wisdom is higher, being that he is a Cleric, and Pandaros has a higher Dexterity, which also is not surprising. Both are equal in Strength but the dwarf has a higher constitution, which is natural.

I hope this helps when it comes to you two working together.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote