Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How long do I need to carry the acorns I picked up in the very beginning of the game? I've been to Trademeet and did the druid grove thing. Nothing about acorns, though. Where do I 'plant' the acorns?

Also, what's with the mourning knight near the burried alive guy in the graveyard? My journal says I'm supposed to help but how? I've pestered everyone I can find (day & noght), but I must be missing something.

Thanks.
gutplumbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

SPOILERS AHEAD!
1. Go to the Windspear Hills. In the south-east corner, you'll find a dryad, who wants the acorns. Give them to her, and the three dryads in Irenicus' dungeon will be released.

2. Talk to the Paladin. He will tell you that he lost his son because he wasnt guarding. Now, go to the south-east corner of the Graveyard. There you'll find a cleric with an orphan girl. Talk to them, and say that you know of a guy that can take care of the girl. Now, go back up to the Paladin, he tell him that he can guard an orphan girl, and he will go down to the cleric and the girl, agree to protect the girl, and the quest is done.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 11:02 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, those acorns ticked me off too. The Dryads told me that the "Fairy Queen" lived just northwest of Trademeet. So I scour the Trademeet neighborhood, to no avail. Then I find out that her name isn't "Fairy Queen" and she's nowhere NEAR Trademeet. Stupid.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:53 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

If I recall correctly, she says to go to the Windspear Hills, which are east of Trademeet. On my map the Windspear Hills are indeed east of Trademeet. Not in Trademeet, of course.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #5
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Hey guys! That journal is there for a reason you know!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:22 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I may be recalling her exact words incorrectly--it's been a LONG time since I was in Irenicus's dungeon. (I didn't go to Windspear until Chap. 6.) And yeah, the journal is good, but whenever you start a new chapter, it gets wiped clean.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #7
Tancred
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I may be recalling her exact words incorrectly--it's been a LONG time since I was in Irenicus's dungeon. (I didn't go to Windspear until Chap. 6.) And yeah, the journal is good, but whenever you start a new chapter, it gets wiped clean.

There are two large buttons to either side of the journal screen - kind of like purple, thin triangles - that let you view the journal entries of earlier chapters. Irritatingly, this isn't in the manual, but trust me, it works.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:06 PM   #8
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Don't know what you mean killer. You can veiw any chapter you want with the selection arrows. Did you miss them?
Old 02-07-2002, 10:34 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

DOH!!! Well, there goes my reputation for never being wrong. Ah well, I've only played 1 full game of BG2, I guess I get some leeway. Poopie.

(Goes and eats some crow)