Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-08-2001, 01:13 PM   #11
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

WHOAAA !!! Melusine, it was a shock for me read that you listen to Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth !! There arent much girls that listen to this music !! A pair of years ago, i liked very much Cradle, but now i only hear them from time to time.

1.- Metallica (FOREVER !!)
2.- The Doors
3.- Nirvana

Those are the only favorites, the other bands i like are them all in 4th position (oasis, Ratos De Porao, Lenny Kravitz, techno music , Red Hot Chili Peppers...)
Old 02-08-2001, 01:32 PM   #12
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. Rammstein
2. Herbert Grönemeyer
3. The Pogues
4. Dingo
5. Loreena McKennitt
Old 02-08-2001, 01:35 PM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hey Ertai...it's great you know them too...I was even worse, I used to listen to these really gritty-sounding, skull-splittingly loud underground blackmetal bands like Burzum, Darkthrone, Mayhem etc. I hasten to add that I never wanted to have ANYTHING to do with some of these band's politically incorrect views on black people, women, foreigners etc and with the churchburnings, murders (don't know if you know about them, horrible really! The Scandinavians on this Forum will prolly remember). Yuck!!!!
I'll tell ye even worse...I used to sleep with Dimmu's guitarist every time they where in my country (I'm not saying onenightstand and I'm not saying relationship...it was a bit in between) (my current boyfriend's still jealous!)

OOPS going off topic again....
Old 02-08-2001, 01:59 PM   #14
Stealth Bomber

Melusine, you have just completely destroyed my mental picture of you! I used to imagine a sweet, blonde and bubbly girl flouncing around and now I see you as a dark, overly made-up goth creature skulking around in black rags with loads of jewelery. Please tell me I am wrong and you are all sweetness and light? Seriously, though my choices would also be unheard of because most of them are dead by now!

Old 02-08-2001, 02:06 PM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Stealthbomber, DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to listen to that kind of music when I was maybe 15 or so!!! (and yes I'm ashamed to admit my hair was dyed raven...however I was more of the Snowwhite type than the Doomy Gloomy Goth type)(Give me rosy lipstick over black lipstick anytime!!!)
So your mental pic is pretty accurate: sweet cute bubbly happy blonde, definitely not depressed, whitefaced, miserable Goth girl
(when I go to a Gothic Party occasionally I make a point of dressing in white or red completely)
Old 02-08-2001, 03:05 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I had a hard time opening this thread up and I'm going to do something out of character for me,and ask,please if the originator of the thread could possibly change the nickname for future? Your thread is quite interesting, but in all honesty, I can't get past the nick. I do not presume to represent any other opinion but my own here and I see from your profile that you are young, so I understand that you may not realize how it affects people. Rape is not a laughing matter in any way shape or form. It is a miserable, humiliating, life altering invasion of a person's dignity. I would hate to miss any other interesting things you might have to say just because I can't get past the nickname.

- apologies to the board in general if I've breached etiquette and should have just avoided the whole thing- I'm new, what can I say?
Old 02-08-2001, 03:13 PM   #17
Stealth Bomber

Pheeew. Thank god Melusine. You have made an old man happy again. By the way, I don't have a preference for hair colour really, Marnie's a brunette and I have been out with all types, so for all you non-blondes, don't despair I am not a typical man.

Cloudbringer I am sure he meant no offence and saw it as a joke, but I myself have been misunderstood before. It's very easy to forget that a lot of people with a wide variety of experiences visit this site and care should be taken when posting about potentially sensitive issues. Anyhow, if he is a bloke, shouldn't it be the other way round?

Old 02-08-2001, 03:15 PM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

Cloudbringer-Don't worry about etiquette, I think you are totally right - and even if I didn't think that; as long as you're not being insulting/racist/sexist, you can say anything you want!
Jokes and references to rape are so common that I don't even bother discussing it but I know I probably should
About a year ago I was singing in a band which rehearsed about 1 1/2 hours away travelling by train, and one night I got stuck at the railway station with the last train gone. Some guys that hung out there (it was a notoriously "bad" station) harassed and assaulted me - it was probably the most frightening experience in my life. Since then, I don't travel after dark if I can avoid it, and men who resemble them still scare me. I'm a bit ashamed saying all of this on the board, but I just wanted to support your opinion and I totally understand that you can't bear to see the word being joked about!
Old 02-08-2001, 03:17 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry SB, I'll back out the door quietly now. Just a hot button for me, that's all. I'm sorry I posted it now.
Old 02-08-2001, 03:19 PM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

SB- I think we cross-posted > I understand what you mean about I_R_A_B meaning it as a joke but as you can read in my post, you're right about everybody having different experiences - mine is such that I, like Cloudbringer, can't really stand people joking about it. Just my opinion!