Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2001, 12:03 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Memnoch,
I've had Pigs intestine, Stingray and a few other things but drew the line at 'Century egg porridge'. Eggs dipped in horse urine are not for me! Don't think I've had Balut...

Hey thanks Ramon, Suul-Bomber, I will enjoy, and I'll look forward to that pint
Old 02-04-2001, 12:11 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I tell you, balut's a killer! Its great but its... kinda gory... hehe daym... hey! If you happen to be here (probably not since youre going somewhere else) tell us ayt? Im sure Zor would want to meet you too! Take care always and don't forget us! hehe
Old 02-04-2001, 12:32 AM   #3
Stealth Bomber

With that kind of diet no wonder you aussies are mad. Having said that I have had sheeps balls but urine soaked eggs????? I hope you jest. Promise the worst thing you will get here is haggis or deep-fried Mar's bar( a chocolate bar).

Old 02-04-2001, 12:38 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well bout the weird food, as long as its safe, Ill try it! We only live once ya know!
Old 02-04-2001, 12:42 AM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hello Yorick. It's pretty wild that you can travel so much and still visit us here on the Board. What do you have a laptop? Sounds like you are having a great time, I feel a bit sorry for your stomach though! Yikes that egg thing....sounds like something that should be given to Charlie's shop! I mean come on people, ever heard of BUTTER?!! Hey, it's yellow too! Ugg!
Old 02-04-2001, 12:45 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Stealth, no that was what I'd had in Singapore. Aussie food is meat and three veg, meat pies, bacon and eggs etc but has access to Indian, Italian, Vietnamese food etc. I don't think I've had standard western food for a while anyway (Indian/Thai-aholic), but the Chinese food here is so much tastier than home (access to more spices) Mind you, some of the guys are ex-students of mine who spent time in Oz in 1999. They said that their tastebuds nearly died of boredom over there, but there were a few REALLY good restaurants by their own standards. I'm grabbing their names and locations!!!

I think I've had haggis, but not sheeps balls. Haggis is a kind of sausage right?
Old 02-04-2001, 12:48 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hi Ladyzekke, missed your msg before my last post. Thanks for the hello!
I'm in an internet cafe (a bit quiter now) I'm procrastinating. I really should be going.... (just a few more posts...)
Old 02-04-2001, 12:53 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You pay for your trips?
Old 02-04-2001, 12:59 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Damn straight! I worked like a dog!
Old 02-04-2001, 07:10 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hello peoples. As you may or may not have read, I'm no longer in my beautiful beloved Australia but have gone on what Australian Aboriginies call 'walkabout'.

Likening myself to a wandering minstral I've taken my instrument (well one of them anyway - my voice) and gone overseas.

I'm in Singapore at the moment, but will be heading to fair Europe and Grand Brittania. I've landed a bit of work here so may even be back here after Europe... who knows.

Anyhow, there will be times when I can't get to the web so unless you email me at chanteur@bigpond.com, this thread will be a way to say hello.

The point of this too is that some of us will meet up - like Memnoch and I did last week - for a drink, a chat, and the wierd experience of putting a face to the blue screen, and adding body language and tonal inflection to the typing (I for one use my eyes and sarcasm a lot for example)

Azuth mentioned getting a few of us together in England, Moiraine and I are meeting up in France, and I had another invite to a northern English Pub which I can't find now - I've lost the website and the poster. So they don't all get lost make sure you post them here and/or email me!

Singapore rocks BTW, very cool city, great food, friendly people and enough trees to make a greenie like me delerious with joy (in a city too)

Hope to SEE you soon.

Hugh (Yorick)