Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 10:18 AM   #1
Argyle
Welcomed New User

I'm having some problems freeing Mazzy from the tomb...do I need a special key?
I'm also having the same problem in accessing the 3rd floor of Nalia's stronghold.
Any suggestions?

fyi: anyone notice that the mace of disruption destroys ice salamanders as if they were undead.

-aRg
Old 02-02-2001, 10:22 AM   #2
fighter-thief

as for freeing Mazzy there should have been a jailer near by with a key
and what do you mean problem is it that you cant find the door or you found one and you can't use it

Old 02-02-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
Argyle
Welcomed New User

I didn't find a jailor...so I don't have a key to open the door to mazzy. As for Nalia's stronghold...everydoor I try to open on the seconf floor says I can't use it. One door in the library(?) says it needs to be fixed before I can use it. Any ideas?

thanks.

-aRg
Old 02-02-2001, 10:37 AM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

The jailer was one of the shadows that you probably killed when you came near the cell.

** Directions/Spoiler **

When you enter the Shadow dungeon, you probably took the first right. This opened up to a room with several wolves and a couple of big skeletons. Killing them, you move on to the next area (a sort of hallway). From the left there is a passage. Straight ahead there is a passage, and to the right are two doors. These are the doors to Mazzy's cell.

In this area right outside of the cells, there are usually about 3-4 shadows. The one who screams, "NO, you will not take the Shadowmaster's consort" is the jailer. When you kill him, there is a pile of leather armor. In that treasure pile is the key.

Don't feel lost. One time I spent about 20 minutes searching behind walls and doorways until the blue light went on indicating I had found the treasure pile. Perservere. It's there somewhere.
Old 02-02-2001, 10:39 AM   #5
fighter-thief

wow uh i think you you are on the top floor did you find her aunt if you did then

there is some secret doors in the same room as the aunt that need to be opened tha lead to a stair well to the basement i think the only higher levels in the keep is the roof and nothing up there except some monsters

and if you can't find the jailor he talks to you i believe then you might have to cheat
i'll be here for awhile so please respond

Old 02-02-2001, 10:43 AM   #6
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Is there a third floor to Nalia's keep? I seem to only remember 'the cellar, first floor, second floor, and roof' Maybe I am mistaken, but on the second floor is Nalia's annoying auntie. To open the doors you have to find the keep key, which I think is in the room with the trolls and Yaun-ti Mage. Sorry for the vague help!
Old 02-02-2001, 10:46 AM   #7
fighter-thief

no i believe you are correct Moridin i was thinking the same thing thats why i asked about
the aunt yes and the key is in the desk if i remember

Old 02-02-2001, 11:25 AM   #8
Argyle
Welcomed New User

thanks for the help...from what i hear, mazzy isn't worth saving since she isn't much in melee.

as for nalia's keep...i never found the aunt...the floor that has all the doors I can't get through is the one that has the yuan-ti mage (2nd floor?). Anyways, I guess I'll tool around a bit more nad try to find the key.

Thanks again.

-aRg