Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 12:24 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well I can vouch for them being might intimidating beasties! I didn't even intend to attack the DRAGON right away, but went after the first thing I saw, one of his henchmen. Dragon was still out of sight. Apparently one of my summoned creatures attacked him and he went , well, 'red'!

Great feeling of accomplishment when you actually have that battle (not a quickie solution!) and finally win! I didn't even mind having to ressurect two fighters and fight off the asstd undead and hobgoblins on the way out.
Old 02-02-2001, 12:30 AM   #2
Wasuchi

Let me just say "Slayer".

Old 02-02-2001, 03:59 AM   #3
Magepower

I kiled one of the dragons in game but it was wery difficult. Any way to kill them easly.

Old 02-02-2001, 05:34 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

lets see now... traps would be nice... lots and lots of traps
-a combo of spells like spell resistance (it actually lowers the resistance of the dragon, its a bug but i dont know if they fixed it in the patch) and greater malison...
-beef up your fighters and make them invincible...

ps: if you really cant defeat a dragon come back another time when your party level is higher...

pss: when you come to the rune quest... those dragons would be easy...
Old 02-02-2001, 06:28 AM   #5
Sylent

This is not a "How to kill a dragon in 3 turn" and it is definately not a guide of any sort. it is just what I usually do

Beef up fighters as Zoratok said, make 'em really good.
Summon some good creatures, I found Summon Aerial servant to be a really good summon, which you can get pretty early with your cleric.
Mages, Lower resistance, Greater Malision...
I also used Finger of Death with Anomen (Damn him), which did about 20 damage.
I think a lot of it comes down to luck, whether the dragon saves against your spells, and whether your fighters get criticals!

Old 02-02-2001, 07:05 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think you're missing the point about dragons. They happen to be ancient creatures that live for many centuries, with powerful magical abilities, devastating breath weapons vested in them by Tiamat (and Bahamut), and very big jaws and teeth. Not to mention huge wings. They are one of the most dangerous creatures in the Forgotten Realms, even more so than tanar'ri and lower plane denizens. They are not meant to be killed *easily*. There are difficult and slightly-less-difficult methods of killing dragons, but i wouldn't go so far as to say *easy*. (unless you're a monk and you reloaded about 15 times before you got Quivering Palm to work )

Cheezy, now that's another story. Memorize about 5 cloudkill spells, stand just out of his visual range (though i fail to see why he can't see you, given that he's much taller than you and you're standing in the same cavern) and keep lobbing cloudkill spells at him. He'll just stand there even though he's choking to death.
Old 02-02-2001, 02:30 PM   #7
Raistlin
Manshoon

2 Pierce Magic and then imprisonment spell.
Then u take a freedom spell and then imprisonment and u will have 2x the Xp
u can do that for about 50 times and get 64.000Xp all the time

(i have only used cap remover, so i know how hard they are in the beginning)
Old 02-02-2001, 03:16 PM   #8
weedius_maximus

Box of "Acme Dragon Poison" sliped into his evening "peasant under glass" I always say!

...of course if that doesn't word, then 3 people, 1 with Crom Fayer, One with the Vorpal Sword and one with Carsomyr!!
Hehehe, or my personal fav, about 4 Lower Resistances and a couple of Greater Malaisons followed by a (are you ready for this?) HOLD MONSTER spell. Can you say one embarassed Firkaag? Hehehe,you thought he was red BEFORE?!?!

Old 02-02-2001, 03:29 PM   #9
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Abi Dalzim's Horrit wilting

hm if you are really high level try this

Timestop
2 lower resistance
timestop (this should work in that same time stop if you have robe of Vacna and amulet of power
2 abi dalzim horrit wilthing
and get out of the dragons sight

one minor setback you have to get him "red"
but this ain't that hard to do

killed Black dragon this way and killed red dragon this way
kill shadow dragon by flame arrowes and hacking

Just remember to kill something that is godlike (like dragons) t'is best to be godlike your self and level 21 is pretty godlike (BG is on overkill)
Old 02-02-2001, 04:50 PM   #10
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read about this easy way to kill Firkraag:
cast magic resistance on him to lower it.
Cast harm (reduces to 1 hp)
Cast Magic missile.
Dead.